˗ˋ 13

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH TIGER IGNORES HER COUSIN

. . .

"Tiger you aren't doing that. What if you get hurt?" Remus protested, his voice loud and drawing the attention of most people walking through the corridors around them.

"If I get hurt it's my own fault." Tiger shrugged, looking over at him, then glancing at the three other boys. "Besides, they're your best friends, what if they get hurt."

"I don't want anyone to get hurt." Remus continued. "But they know what they're doing, we've been doing it for a year now. And believe it or not, your dad asked me to try and keep you out trouble whilst your here, and I'm not trying to get you hurt or kicked out of a second school." He scoffed.

"Fuck off Remus. I don't know if you figured out or not, but I'm not the biggest fan of my parents. But if we're on that topic, both of your parents have asked me to try and stop you getting hurt and working too much near the time of a full moon." Tiger replied, crossing her arms.

"There's not much you can do about that, whilst I can tell you that you're not allowed." Remus replied. Neither of the cousins were the types to argue, but it just so happened that Tiger didn't like to be told not to do things she had set her mind on and Remus just wanted to make sure his cousin didn't get hurt.

Tiger rolled her eyes, shaking her head. "It's just you who gives a fuck Remus. I don't care whether you want me there or not, I'm coming and that's final."

And with that, Tiger stalked away, leaving James, Sirius and Peter making faces at each other, then moving to stand next to their friend. "I'm just trying to look out for you!" Remus shouted down the hall, to which he got two middle fingers.

"I didn't need it before, I don't need it now." His cousin replied, disappearing down another corridor, most likely to find Lily in her next class.

"Moons, don't worry about her. We can look out for her tomorrow night." Sirius said, reaching up to swing an arm around his friends shoulder, regretting he wasn't taller. "Prongs wouldn't let her get hurt."

"He wouldn't?" Remus asked, an eyebrow cocked and looking back at the boy. "Is that true?" He directed the question at James, who shrugged, messing up his hair.

"You said you didn't have a problem with me liking her." James said, pushing his hands into his pockets. "But I won't let her get hurt, just like how we watch out for each other as well."

"I still don't want her to come out." Remus continued. The three others shrugged, knowing they could do nothing to convince the guy. And so instead, the group split off to go to their lessons, planning to meet up during lunch.

James and Remus soon seperated from Sirius and Peter, descending down into the murky dungeons of the castle for Potions class, whilst the other two made their way to Muggle Studies.

Upon entering the room, Remus watched as his cousin rolled her eyes, turning her back on the pair to continue to talk to Lily, who looked confused on the situation.

"Tiger, I'm just looking out for your safety." Remus whispered across the classroom, as Professor Slughorn began to talk to the class. Tiger, still turned towards Lily, once again rose her middle finger.