˗ˋ 07

CHAPTER SEVEN

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH MESSY IS BETTER THAN NEAT

. . .

"Good morning Prongsie." Tiger almost sang as she slipped down in the seat next to James. She had said the same thing at each breakfast for the past two weeks.

"Hm." The girl said, when James turned to say his greeting back to her, mouth full of toast. "Something's different." She said, and when James questioned her, she reached out and messed up his hair.

"Did you comb it this morning?" Tiger asked, as she reached for a jug of orange juice, pouring herself a glass, whilst piling her plate high with toast, bacon and eggs.

"I had a shower then forced a comb through my hair, yes." James said, swallowing yet another mouthful of toast. "There wasn't any time to dry it properly so I left it."

"Don't do it ever again. I would personally come over and dry it for you before you do that again." Tiger picked up her glass, then froze. "After you got dressed, obviously."

"Obviously." James nodded, trying not to stare at the blush spreading over Tiger's cheek. "Noted. Don't suppose they taught you a spell for that in that class you took?"

James was referring, of course, to the class where Tiger had learnt half the spells which she used for cooking for knitting. He had found out about it when Lily, Lydia and Marlene - who had managed to get the sofa in front of the fire - were talking about what Tiger was possibly making them.

"I did actually. I could try it now if you want?" She asked, looking up at James's hair, which looked so much better messy than it did neat.

"It's fine, 's pretty much dry already." The boy said. "My mum and Lily were constantly trying to flatten it. Oh.. well Lily didn't really like me messing with it.." James cut himself off, looking down at his food.

"You do know that I am aware of you dating. You always skip over it whenever she comes up in conversation. I know about a lot of things, including that you liked her for years." Tiger stabbed a bit of bacon with her fork. "I'm your friend right? If you want to talk about anything, including anything to do with her, I'm here." Tiger nudged James, and smiled, eating her bacon.

"Thanks." James sighed, eating the rest of his toast in silence. "Rem, what do we have first?" He asked, pushing his glasses up his nose.

"Care of Magical Creatures. Well you and Sirius do. I have a free period." Remus said, looking over a the two. "Don't you have pretty much the same schedule as well, Tiger?"

"Yup!" Tiger smiled. "It's my first class of it here. At Ilvermorny it was a lot of shit from a book, but according to Lydia everything here is a lot more hands on?"

"Hands on what, Miss Howell?" Sirius asked, as he sat down next to Peter, ignoring the gazes he got with a practised ease. "The Holy Bible I hope?"

"How do you know about that?" Remus asked, and Sirius just shrugged, saying something about rebellion and muggles.

"Of course, anything else would be a sin." Tiger smiled, and Sirius grinned, beginning to eat. "The Bible is a book of religion. It's a muggle thing. My muggleborn friend back at Ilvermorny was a Christian and she told me all about it." Tiger explained to James, who looked a little confused.