-ˋ 17

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

-: seventh year :-

── IN WHICH SHE'S QUESTIONS

. . .

Not too long after Sirius and Remus informing James of exactly how he should deal with the situation, the lesson ended with McGonagall stood up at the front. "Considering it is your first lesson back, you will be glad to hear that I'm not setting an essay. However I won't be so lenient next lesson. And, points will be taken from anyone who hasn't got their book."

The professor cast her eyes down at the front row, where Leo and Tiger was sat. The Howell girl seemed to be who she was talking about and Leo mumbled something, Tiger edging even further away in reply. "Trust me, Professor. I have a rather suitable excuse for my distraction." She replied, McGonagall peering down at her over her glasses. "Did you know people can come back to life now?" Tiger said, and the teacher narrowed her eyes down at her, then over at the boys sat at the back. 

"Is this some form of prank?" She asked, looking suspicious. It wasn't just that she was suspicious of, but she had a feeling that the five best friends had something planned for the end of the year - but was beginning to think it might just be a constant thing. 

"I really wish it was." Tiger said, looking over at Leo for the first time in a while. "Isn't that right, Luke?" McGonagall looked over at the new boy, about to say something when the bell signalling the end of classes rang. 

Instantly, Tiger was out of her seat, swinging her bag over her shoulder and rushing over to the four boys. "Sirius Black you absolute prat how could you leave me when you know he's around!" She said, almost crashing into Peter as she came to a stop. "Sorry Pete, couldn't get away from the slimy git quick enough - these boots really aren't made for going anywhere quick."

"Or school, Miss Howell." McGonagall said, sweeping over to them. "Is there something you wish to tell me? It seems like the new boy - Luke was it? - has rathen taken to you." 

"I bet he has." James muttered, and McGonagall, as well as his friends looked over at him. "Sleazy scumbag." He continued, before turning and leaving the classroom.

"Is everything all ok with Mr Potter?" McGonagall asked, Tiger looking particularily concerned. "I would rather not have any conflicts on the first day, Miss Howell."

"Bit late for that Professor. But I should go and check on James and bring him down to lunch." Tiger rushed off without answering any other questions from the Transfiguration teacher, pushing past Luke as she left the room.

"James!" She shouted after the Potter boy. "Dude slow down did you not hear me tell Peter these shoes aren't made for running in?" Tiger moved as quickly as she could after him, turning multiple corners. "Prongsie?" She yelled down a corridor, and an idea flashed in her mind. "Babe?" She said, much quieter.

In front of her, James came to a stop. "You've never called me that." He said, turning around to look at her, the Howell girl finally catching up at him as she placed a hand on his shoulder so she could lean on him, catching her breath. 

"Why didn't you stop?" She asked, James taking her hand and keeping walking, going down a flight of stairs and emerging out into one of the courtyards, the pair taking a seat on the benches around the fountain in the centre of it. 

"I was angry. Which is really strange considering that you're the only one around here who has any right to be angry." James glanced away as Tiger crossed her legs under her, giving her a second to arrange her skirt correctly so she was comfortable. 

"Prongsie, you can be angry if you want to. And I'm pretty sure I already heard Sirius and Remus tell you this, but if you don't act on it until I figure out what the fuck I'm going to do then you being angry is fine." Tiger said, intertwining her hands in her lap and twisting her wrists, trying not feel too tense.

"I understand that, really. I was never going to say or do anything when you were still figuring stuff out. But it just pisses me off so much. Him being alive when everyone thought he was dead and accused you of killing him - and you suffered so much because of it. And he thinks he can just act like nothing happened.. ugh." James ran a hand through his hair. 

"I know.. it's a lot." Tiger said. "I wasn't really ok last night, I think you figured that out well enough. But I've just had to push it away and try to act as normal as I can without thinking about it. I don't know what to do, but I need to talk to people - Marlene, Lily and Lydia especially. I need to think about telling Minnie, but I'm pretty sure she got the hint that something was going on.."

"She's always done that." James sighed. "Can I at least have permission to do something if he does something unacceptable - like if I can see you're really uncomfortable or he's said or done something that he is willing to risk his perfect little nose for." James stared at the centerpiece of the fountain for just a little too long, and Tiger couldn't even imagine what scenario was playing out in his head. 

"Permission granted." Tiger replied before jumping up and holding out her hand. "You can't punch someone on an empty stomach!" She sounded far too cheery, and James stared slightly as he took her hand, letting her try to pull him up before helping her. 

"You're angry too?" He asked, as the couple began to walk back towards the Great Hall.

"Oh, out of my mind, beyond belief angry." Tiger nodded. "I'm just better at concealing my emotions then you are.

Well, she was right about that.