˗ˋ 06

CHAPTER SIX

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH THE FIRST DAY COMES TO A CLOSE

. . .

"Did I just see what I think I saw?" Sirius asked, dropping down into the seat next to James. "Prongs is already making a move on your cousin, Moony."

"It was just a hug." Remus shrugged in reply. "And besides, I think we all know James likes her. I haven't said anything because I don't have a issue with it."

"Smart." Peter said, eating a few jelly slugs, then looked at Sirius. "Why did Marlene look upset?" He asked, and when each of the three looked at him, he shrugged. "She looked like she had been crying."

"I ended things." Sirius said. "I had been strange for a while, then we had an arguement and I ended it there." The dark haired boy didn't even look bothered by it.

"Oh." Remus said, looking over at Sirius. "What did you argue about?" He asked, but Sirius only shrugged.

"We disagreed about something.. about my family." Sirius added, avoiding Remus's eyes. "But how did you get Tiger to hug you, Prongs?"

And whilst the three others accepted that this wasn't something which Sirius would be sharing, in the girls dorm, Marlene had locked herself in the bathroom for a shower, leaving Lydia, Lily and Tiger sat on their beds in silence.

"It looks like the girls of Dorm 7 are once again without romantic prospects." Lydia joked, and Tiger, who was sat cross-legged on her bed, knitting a cardigan, giggled.

"Do we know why?" Tiger asked, needles clicking. Lily glanced over at her, noticing that whilst she was actively participating in the conversation and seemed so confident at dinner, looked shy.

"I think an arguement." Lily said, "And I'm sure Remus has told you about his past with girls." The ginger-haired girl shrugged, watching Tiger knit.

"He was serious though? About Marlene. We haven't seen that before." Lydia shrugged, before jumping over Marlene's bed and sitting down next to Tiger. "What you knitting?" She asked, sitting next to the purple-haired girl, also crossing her legs. "Come sit, Lils." Lydia patted the area on the red duvet next to her, and Lily got up, slipping down next to Lydia.

"A cardigan. I can make you all things if you want. If you know the spell it's easy to knit with magic, but out of school I obviously can't use magic, so I got into the habit." Tiger shrugged, looking up from the wool.

"My mum always tried to teach me. Petunia picked it up, but I didn't." Lily smiled, looking at the two girls. "But you mentioned school, what was Ilvermorny like?" She asked.

"I'll maybe teach you one day." Tiger smiled, then stopped for a moment, picking up her wand and waving it, the needles clicking behind her as magic began to knit for her. "But Ilvermorny.. well it was a lot stricter than here. But it was also similar."

"It seems a lot happier here, in a way. I think that maybe it's always been that way, so it's tradition. And because it's for all of North America, it's a lot bigger. So in a way it's good that they had rules." Tiger said.

"I don't know what to say about it really, but here feels like a home." Tiger smiled. "Is there anything I need to know about it?"