˗ˋ 36

CHAPTER THIRTY SIX

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH HOLIDAY GOODBYES ARE EXCHANGED

. . .

Tiger woke up the next morning with only a slight headache, and the memory of what happened after a certain time last night gone. It was strange, not being able to remember what was going on during a certain time, but at this point, Tiger was more than used to it.

But, considering what day it was, there wasn't any time for her to lounge around feeling sorry for herself. She needed to pack, and get ready and then leave Hogwarts for Christmas holidays.

There were around three weeks between them leaving for the holidays. The first week of that was the run up to Christmas, and Tiger was praying that her and her family could get on until then.

It was the thing plaguing her mind - other than the headache. Would she be able to stay with her family until after then, or would it be a nightmare of time.

The only thing which was probably going to stop that was that she would be staying at the Lupin's house for six days of that week. The first would be spent at the Howell household, and tomorrow they would go to the Lupin's.

And if there was something which Grace Howell hated, it was public humiliation. And in her eyes, that was her fighting with her daughter, in front of anyone outside of their direct family - which didn't include Hope, Lyall and Remus.

So, there was no issue there. Grace would refuse to argue with Tiger in front of anyone, so Tiger just had to remain with someone else at all times. And considering she was either with Remus or Hope, it wouldn't be a problem.

"Good morning ladies." Tiger slid into one of the benches of the Gryffindor table. "I hope we are all looking forward to Christmas."

"I'm surprised you didn't stay in your pajamas - or at least something comfortable." Lily glanced up and down Tiger's outfit, which consisted of a black pleated skirt, a blouse under a dark red woolen vest. With it, she wore her usual boots and a pair of fishnet tights. "Or something warm?" Lily looked slightly concerned, but Tiger just shrugged.

Her makeup matched her outfit perfectly, smudged eyeliner and dark red lips. Her hair were remenants of the night before - a somehow elegant, curled mess. She had it pinned back by black and red butterfly clips, and the freckles that were scattered across her face had been made prominent through some means.

"You look positively.. colourful? Sorry I'm kinda confused on how you're not freezing." Marlene said, glancing out of the windows which lined the hall, and then up at the ceiling, which was white, and seemed to be shedding. "It is snowing, you know?"

"Oh, and here comes James. He carried you back to the common room last night, you know?" Lily told her, and Tiger lent back in her seat, sliding out of it and jumping over to him.

Just like usual, she didn't notice the stares she recieved, but James and Lily certainly did, briefly meeting each other's eyes as they looked around the room, trying to count how many people were staring at Tiger.

Something about her caught people's eyes - even the younger years. Some girls that she passed stared up at her like she was radiating golden light - which to James, she was.