-ˋ 57

CHAPTER FIFTY SEVEN

-: seventh year :-

── IN WHICH IDEAS ARE
INTRODUCED

. . .

Tiger had been missing at lunch. That had become obvious very quickly, and after James had worried his arse off over it, Remus, Sirius and Lily managed to convince him that she was probably just letting the reality settling in somewhere - their NEWTs were over and the next thing was graduation.

They themselves - well, Remus and Lily at least - were still reeling from just how difficult the exam was. That was their original excuse, but it was shot down by James, who knew his girlfriend all too well and was far too similar to her; neither of them had a single bone in their body that had ever worried about school work, and even if that wasn't the case Tiger wasn't necessarily in the habit of caring about it either.

James waited and waited, but she still didn't show. And so, cradling a napkin that had several sandwiches and a treacle tart precariously balanced and covered within, he followed the others to the designated hidden classroom in which their practise was always in.

It was there that he was reunited with his precious Tiger, who was sat waiting on the incredible comfy couch between two of the pillars that seperated the room up into sections. 

"Where were you?" The Potter boy asked. "Nevermind - here, you need to eat and I know you weren't in lunch because we waited for you... or I was waiting for you. There's even a treacle tart in there."

"I can't believe I didn't come on a day they had treacle tarts." Tiger shook her head, looking actually disappointed in herself. "But thanks, Prongsie." She accepted the small napkin parcel and was quickly tucking into one of the sandwiches.

"So where were you, exactly?" Marlene spoke up as the Howell girl finished the majority of her meal (despite skipping lunch in favour of something else to take up the time, Tiger was pretty hungry).

"I was thinking." Tiger got to her feet, standing in front of them as if talking to an audience. Her hands knitted together over the rather wide black leather belt that held up the flare jeans to which her colourfully patterned shirt was tucked into. "And.. I would like leo to join us in these last few weeks preparing to join the order."

In front of her, all of them exchanged glances. Tiger barely even acknowledged Leo's existance at this point and hadn't said a word about him for weeks on end. So why exactly was she bringing him up now?"

"No way." James was the first to actually speak up, gazes sliding over to him. "After everything he's done? Leo's lucky to be able to walk in the same school as you anymore." He paused. "No, he's lucky that I haven't dragged him into the Forbidden Forest and-"

Tiger held up a singular finger to silence him. "Hear me out before I hex you." She ordered, eyes meeting James'.

"Fine." The Potter boy muttered, lowering his gaze and focusing on a crack running along one of the flagstones. 

"I know how smart he is." Tiger began, know how much she would have to convince thr group to even consider him joining. "Me and him used to be best friends, we used to date.."

James' jaw tightened.

"And  I thought I killed him for a while but I'll put all that down to his scheming parents." Tiger ignored her boyfriend's reaction and her words were joined by a dismissive wave of her hand. "But listen. I know that he is clever, I know his abilities, that we both became animagi when we were at Ilvermorny." 

Dorcas, Marlene and Lydia, who were yet to be made aware of Remus' condition as well as how any of his closest friends could turn into a range of creatures stared, but Tiger could still continue uninterrupted.

"That requires knowledge right? And we both joined the duelling club there. It was slightly illegal and not made bu the school but by the students and we did get several months worth of detention from it - but we were good at it." As usual, Tiger's life seemed so exciting and eventful. "Leo could help us. He can help us."

"And how do you know this hasn't changed at all?" Sirius piped up with his own worries. "How do you know that he can be trusted."

"I don't." Tiger admitted with a shrug. "But after everything that happens he owes me. Amd he knows that. And I trust him... so much that I already told him everything and he's hidden behind that pillar." Leo stepped out from behind the very pillar that she was gesturing at.

"Tiger!"