-ˋ 63

CHAPTER SIXTY THREE

-: seventh year :-

── IN WHICH TRUTHS AND 
FEELINGS ARE EXPOSED

. . .

"You're both so fucking stupid." Sirius, arms crossed over his chest, paced back and forth across the rug before the hearth of Gryffindor Common Room. It was empty, save for Remus, Peter, James, Tiger and himself - seeing as they were finished with exams and on the run up to graduation none of the seventh years partook in lessons like the rest of the school and although people like Remus were supposed to be preparing his graduation speech (which he was; the paper in his hands crinkled merrily as he moved his quill to focus on the distraction of his boyfriend), many others had plenty of free time to savour in the halls of their boarding school. 

Except, well, nobody was really doing much savouring.

Somewhere in James's gut he was feeling particularly nostalgic in knowing that this particularly time in the common room would most likely be one of the last, but it was heavily punctuated by Sirius's strop which, for once in the Potter's life, he couldn't decipher. 

"So fucking stupid. I actually can't believe it. I can't believe it." Sirius repeated, muttering to himself.

Tiger stopped tapping the end of her wand on her thighs like it was a drumstick and looked up at him. "Listen, Padfoot, I'm really confused here." She said. Sat somewhere behind her, Peter nodded along. 

"Oh yeah? And why's that?" Sirius snapped, as though the question was something immensely difficult he didn't have the capacity to explain.  

"Well, first off, it's not you doing the mission, and second of all, I would've thought that all things considered, me and James doing the mission would be something you supported." Tiger retorted in the same snappish tone; she was slowly growing less and less patient with his upset - particularly because he hadn't granted them the immense luxury of explaining actually why he was pissed. 

"Oh, so because it's not me I don't get to be upset, or - or worried?" Sirius had stopped pacing and was now using several dramatic hand gestures to add to his point. He had not yet ventured into the slightly more vulgar efforts he sometimes came to. "Because it's not me, I don't get to have an opinion on it?"

"Oh is that was this is?" Tiger was scrambling to her feet. "You wish it was you and James doing it?"

"What?" Sirius's glance slipped over his best friend for a moment. "No - just no."

"Then what?" Tiger continued. Remus had put his quill down properly now, slowly reaching for his wand in case it came to freezing them in place, or at the very least silencing them. "What is it Sirius? You and your boyfriend - sorry, wait no, my boyfriend - don't get to go off and do a mission and you're left here? This is sounding way too much like a full moon for my liking."

"Hey - what's this got to do with me?" Remus inputted, offended.

"Nothing." Tiger shifted on her feet. "Sorry, Rem." She added. "So, what is it Sirius?"

"I can tell you one thing, it's certainly not because I'm jealous." He replied, arms crossed tight over his chest, shoulders raised much like a cat's did in anger.