THe Infamous Poolside Proposal

“No.”

“Please.”

“no.”

“Please, Sam, please?”

“No way, I am not going to do this!”

“Sam, please, just come inside?” he pleaded, giving me puppy dog eyes.

I glared at him. “I thought we were lunching.”

“Yes, we are.”

“IN  A BILLIARD AND POOL PARTY PLACE?”

“Its more secluded.” He said hurriedly continuing while I glared. “I mean, so many people will be there, no one can spot just us, right?”

“I did NOT wear a good dress for it to be splashed in the pool!”

He grimaced. “please?” Sam, you know I love you right?”

“No, I don’t.”

“Sam, I love you.”

“Good for you.”

“Just love me back and come inside, please?”

“Arnav” I began sternly, but sighed in resignation as he game me wide eyed puppy eyes again. “FINE, you little shit.”

Ladies and gentlemen. Note this up as yet another day where Sam, the beautiful soul that she is, asserts to ridiculous claims put in by friends because they want her help. So, it was the next day, and after a great nights’ sleep, I had been ready to eat a massive lunch (because I was starving). As Opal was a formal hotel, I had been hunting for a passable wear and finally unearthed a light pink one from my wardrobe . I had donned it on and appeared like a good girl over there, when Arnav, with his sheepish, especially charming chocolate boy smile, had told me we would be sitting down, NOT inside, but near the massive pool, where a party was being held for the black tied, currently chilling rich and the pretentious, and we would have out lunch there.

If that was the case, I wouldn’t have dress hunted AT ALL.

Arnav, if you guys have to know, is a particularly charming person if he wants to be. He attracted the teen hormone in me when I was young, because he was the usual friendly, naughty guy with a bad boy streak everyone likes. But, when the foolishness passed, he just became  a good friend of mine, because, according to him, I am eighty percent ‘the coolest guy ever’ with twenty person ‘insufferable girliness’ (whoa, thanks so much, Arnav) and had only done great good in helping him un-jerk himself for his lovely relationship.

See, these people I help better give me some great amount of welfare in the future, because my brain cells are severely employed in their well being.

He now grinned at me as he very gallantly helped me up  the poolside. “That’s the spirit.’

I made a face after him as I checked myself in the glass (bad habit, I got it from Davidson who doesn’t even leave a stray rear view mirror to check himself out). I wore MAKE UP because the girly dress needed something girly with it (and also, Opal is a place where hot people forever party, sue me I am single now) and if a speck of water damages it, I will hurt Arnav.

“Sit” he said, gesturing towards a white table which was far from the water, thankfully. I sat down and squinted up at him critically.

“What is the problem?”

He sat down “Let me first catch my breath, jeez. First of all, you look cute.”

“That wont stop me from giving you baleful looks now and then.”