Convincing the Guy Who Hates Me

See, I told you guys I had not talked a SYLABBLE with Vidhyuth Chopra, the terrifying business man he is, right?

Uh- maybe I might have lied about it.

The truth is, I HAD talked to him, two years ago. And people, it wasn’t pretty.

I know, I know, now all you guys want is to know HOW I met him? Yeah, I will tell you.

FLASHBACK (BEWARE OF MY ‘GIRL JERK’ FORM; I NEED TO SAY I CAN BE SO)

It was two years ago. I think two years and 8 months. I had just got out of my College farewell and was making my way to have lunch at the hotel along with my best friend Nikki. I was tired, I was in an adrenaline rush, I was really bad in handling traditional clothes, I was sleepy, I was hungry, and when Nikki cancelled because she was caught up with her internship, I was plain pissed. But, as I am a basically obsessed foodie, I decided I wont cancel the reservation and made my way to the hotel; I needed food into my system. So, I made my way to the hotel, pretty much famished.

You got me till now? Great. Now is when it all starts, so pay attention. I walked up to the table I made Dad reserve and as I was about to sit, the manager came up.

You wont even believe what he said.

“I m sorry, Ma’am , but I am afraid you cannot sit here.’

“Why?” I demanded.

“Ma’am, we informed the person who made this reservation; it is a last minute change…and I am sorry, we had to cancel it.’

“Oh, REALLY? And might I ask the reason why?” I asked sarcastically.

The guy looked apologetic “We had a last minute reservation Ma’am and I-’

“Oh, but I think that if you make a RESERVATION, you make it fairly unshakable’ I said angrily.  

“Yes, ma’am, we are really sorry but-’

“Look, I don’t care for your sorry, but I think this is-”

“Is there a problem?” a quiet voice asked.

“Oh, you bet there is” I said, turning angrily. A guy was standing opposite to me, his arms folded, staring at me. Despite my food deprived, angry mood in my head, I did notice that the guy looked like a freaking dream. He was dressed in a grey suit with a black dress shirt underneath; his dark hair fell on his forehead in a messy, but still classy way. He had a strong, firm jaw line, and proud, high cheekbones, and his eyes…they were the strangest shade of steely grey. Seriously, Indians have THESE eyes? Why don’t I have them? I would chuck boring brown eyes for something exotic any day!

Anyway, as my mind was screaming at me to focus, I turned back to the Manager. “Look, dude, you CANNOT do this without prior information!’

The guy looked nervous now. “Uh- sir…this Ma’am had this table reserved before.’

“Excuse me, but why the HELL are you telling HIM about MY reservation and stuff?’ I asked, exasperated.

“Ma’am, he is the one who now has this table,’ The manager looked pretty terrified.

“WHAT? You do realize there are no other tables left, that this was first under MY reservation and I sure as hell am NOT going to accept this atrocity!’ I said indignantly. Oh, sue me. I was as tired as I could be, not to mention I was hungry like a cave man.

“Ma’am but he-”

‘I do realize this was under your reservation, but as you can see now, it is cancelled’ the guy spoke to me. He had a polished, aristocratic accent, no doubt from all international institutions.