My Shirt Gives The Right Message: FML

“So, what was all that about?” Nikki asked as we sat down on the couch, each with a big bowl of popcorn. We both are not sharing people when it came to popcorn.

I took a deep breath. “I am in trouble.”

“What happened?”

“Vidhyuth Chopra.”

“Oh, that hottie land developer? God, have you even seen his townships? They have the best architecture there is and- I am guessing that is not what you wanted to talk about” she added guiltily when I gave her the look.

“Something weird happened today.”

“Shoot.”                   

“I was having dinner with Avinash-”

“Wait, Avinash MEHRA?”

“Yes, its him.”

“He’s damn hot.”

“Well, whatever, he just asked and I told yes and we were eating in the restaurant when , due to a series of circumstances, Vidhyuth Chopra was supporting me from falling into the ground and facing public humiliation. And the thing is, the fireworks came up, Nikki. Those fireworks that they describe in movies and in books. It was-”

“Amazing?” she asked with a smirk.

“Kind of, yeah” I confessed to the popcorn.

There was a pause. “So, confession time. Do you like him?”

“WHAT? No! I mean, god no! I would know if I like someone, right? And I am positive that I don’t like him! He is so cold, and mean, and conceited and so rude to me! No, I am pretty much sure that I don’t like him.”

“But you are attracted to him.”

I frowned. “Maybe I am.”

Oh, jeez. Of all people, OF ALL PEOPLE in this world, you are attracted to Vidhyuth Chopra?

Well, he does look good.

No, he doesn’t.

Please. He is like those Greek Gods.

Well, what about all the other people who you could have liked or been attracted to?

“But, wait, I am not just attracted to him! I mean, I might be, I might, but there are other people I might be attracted to too!”

“Like Vinay Chopra?”

“And Avinash too, considering.” I nodded.

“You like all cocky people, huh?”

“I might. So I can safely say I don’t like Mr. Chopra that way, but I can still say that I don’t feel that- that sparks feeling for the rest of them.”

“Its probably because you like too many people to count. Boys and money, Sam. Its so you.”

My mouth fell open in offense as I glared at her. “take that back!”

“Cant blame you. You work for Davidson and are a shocking character match.”

“Are you saying Davidson is interested in boys?” I smirked. 

“No, I- you know what, forget it.” she shook her head. “You wont let me win an argument.”

“So, you’re saying this is normal? I- a girl thing?”

“Oh, sure. If you want it to be.”

‘What do you mean; if you want it to be/’

“I am saying, if you really don’t feel anything like that for him, then you are all right. But if you do, and are denying it, well, that’s going to be tough.”