21

"Sorry mini me, I have to go."
"No!"
"Brat I don't have a choice I have to go train to be a hero!"
I could hear Kacchan loosing his temper yet trying to be kind.
"...but..."
"Listen Eri. You and deku need a hero. I'm the only one who can be that hero. So I have to go learn. It's so I can protect you."
He's bent down to her level a hand on her head. He gently ruffled her hair.

She tries smiling, it's still a smirk. That looks just like Kacchan's.
"That's right squirt! Now I'll come pick you up later M'kay?"
"Okay fine I'll tell mommy!"
Kacchan nods in approval. He looks past Eri to where I'm spying and give a real smile. "See you later losers!" I chuckle at his behaviour before properly opening up.  It's strange to think how fast time is flying Kacchan is halfway to becoming a hero and I'm- I'm not really halfway to anything.

Time passes by. Only a few customers come in throughout the day. My regulars, and a cute old couple. They order and sit for a while. Eri pops up sometime around lunch for food and we enjoy sandwiches. It's all going fine until Eri asks a question. "Mommy where do you go." She looks up at me with cute big eyes. "W-what do you mean hun. I don't go anywhere." She shakes her head. "Not true! I see daddy going to his second school, and in the night you disappear to."

***

"Mind freak he can't come here not today!" Kacchan tries to argue. "He's right Hitoshi, there really can't be heroes here today!" I say pleading again. Just my luck Kacchanwad followed back to the cafe by Shinso. I didn't mind until he said his dad was coming to.

"Just tell me why! I won't do anything until I know why!" Why can't he understand! My voice is drowned out when Kacchan looses his cool and starts going off at him. He avoids the answer but this does nothing but annoy Shinso more.

Bad luck can only get better right? Wrong! Very very wrong!

"Mom-" "ahhhhh no no!" I say rushing over pulling Eri with me. I take her to the back room again. I'm almost full on panic attack now. It's not like me to be so scared. I shouldn't have bought her!  But I can't leave her alone.

"Please Eri it's not safe you have to stay here and quiet." I rush out. She understands thankfully giving me a hung. She nods and goes back to Colouring. "What was that?" Shinso question ignoring Kacchan. "Nothing just a delivery!" I say waving him off. A clear lie damn it what's wrong with me today?!
He stares me down. I can sense the anger but I don't understand why he's so mad. He's my friend can't he just accept I need a favour?

"Izuku yes or no."

"Wha-..."

Oh no

"Who was that?"

No no no. Don't do it don't do it. Please Hitoshi don't ruin our friendship by doing thi-

"My daughter, she was worried about the shouting-ah!" I finally snap out of it. My eyes immediately water as I look up at the purple boy. "H-Hitoshi? Did you?" My voice wavers as tears start to fall. I try to speak again but Kacchan beat me. "You idiot! Mind freak get out!" Kacchan says jumping the counter to comfort me. "No! How did you lie I used my quirk and-"
"Shinso, you can leave now. The cafe is closed." I say looking straight past him. I can barely register Kacchans voice soothing or trying to sooth me. But as soon as the words were out my vision blurred and I no longer hold it all in.

My heart was broken. One of my friends didn't trust me enough, and now I've told someone about Eri! Even worse he thought I was lying.
I just didn't want heroes here, I'd thought he'd help, no questions, but he argued. Persisted. I just want to keep her safe! What is with people breaking me this month? I can't- I just wanted to- am I even good enough!

"Hay hay, it's okay izu. Breath. That's right in and out. Good boy like that." I finally clear my vision to see two pairs of worried crimson eyes. "Thank you Kacchan." I give him a tight hug. "It's okay Eri I'm okay now." I say as she joins in.
Just as we break away the bell rings signalling a customer entered. "I'm sorry but the café is closed early toda- ayyyy um yagi! What are you doing here?" I say hiding Eri behind me. Kacchan catches on and steps protectively in front of us. "My boy are you okay? You look like-" I roll my eyes. "Yes yes I look like ice been crying. A friend just broke my heart. Luckily Kacchan is here to help so...yeah." I trail off trying to pass the hint. "I see..." my dad says. He seems oblivious to eris presence but also doesn't seem to be leaving. "Yagi- uh dad. Why are you here?" He straightened up coughing a little. "Ah yes your mother wanted me to check on you. Said something about a stressful time." Aw sweet mama cares about me! And yes so does yagi just in his own weird way. "Ah I see. Well Mr. Hero I'm fine. Thanks but I'm fine. So um if you could pass that onto mama I'd appreciate it, but I'm about to close shop." He lingers as few moments more before turning around. Wether he was satisfied or just got the hint I'm not sure. "Also Izuku thank you for calling me dad. I really appreciate it."

I can't help but smile. Sure he's annoying, over protective and too big a hero for his own good. He's still my dad and I love him. Or at least that's what I'm making myself believe. I laugh at that thought "yeah no problem dad. See ya."
He leaves with a smile on his face too. Yet as soon as the doors closed I slouch down. "Whaaa~ that was close thanks kacchan I saw what you did there. And..." I turn picking Eri up. "You have been amazing today so extra cookies for you!" I sing. Eri cheers and giggle as I spin around. "Why don't I get cookies? I was good to." I hear a complaint from behind. "Aw does Kacchan want a treat for being a good boy~" I coo. "Don't worry daddy I'll share with you!" Eri smiles. "Aw he'll yeah! Someone still loves me."

Oh so that's how it goes? No way. "What was that? Eri did you hear something?" I say tickling the little girl. She giggles out more while the blond grumps in the corner. "Oh come on kat! Stop sulking I'll make your favourite for dinner tonight." That perks him up. I laugh as his attitude changes. I quickly hand Eri over to him while I tidy and turn off everything. I store the left over food in the fridges and lock the front door. I pull the blinds down and head to the back.

"Okay! Let's gooooo!"