Chapter 14:Jade's Sanctuary Date

A/N: it was my birthday on Friday and I enjoyed it a lot I even got half this chapter done.

Jade's POV

Once we get back to Leigh's house, we all take quick showers, and I grab a pair of jeans, my boots, a tank top, and a light sweater before rushing to put all the food in the basket. Leigh helps me when she comes down and grabs my shaking hands. "Jade calm down, you're gonna be great. You went through a lot of effort and I'm sure she'll love it.", she says. "Thanks Leigh. I needed that. She's really nice and I like her. I'm nervous.", I say leaning my head on her shoulder. "Why bubs? You're smart, funny, adorable, and down right awesome. Any girl would be a fool not to like you.", she says rubbing my back. "But she's a popular girl. Why would she go out with me? A geeky, book loving, awkward outcast.", I say letting the truth slip.

"Maybe because she doesn't look at status, she looks at personality. And you Jade, have one the kindest hearts in the world. Together, you and Leigh could make people cry from your sweetness.", Jesy says walking into the kitchen. I smile at their words and shake off my nerves before grabbing the basket and heading out the door. "Jade your keys.", Jesy call a out throwing them. I turn back around just in time to catch them before rushing out, but not before calling out "love you guys", and getting it back. I place the basket and other materials in my bikes compartment and drive off to Ariana's house.

When I get there, I take a deep breath before walking up to the porch and stopping. "What's the matter?", Zylo asks. "Nothing I just need a moment.", I respond. I take another deep breath before doing a quick breath check and pit check before knocking on the door. A tall slender guy with blonde hair and brown eyes that are identical to Ariana's comes to the door and looks me up and down. I'd be a fool to think they weren't related. "Can I help you?", he asks.

I clear my throat before nodding slowly. "I'm here for Ariana. I'm Jade, Jade Thirlwall.", I introduce myself with a shaking voice while sticking my hand out. "I'm Frankie Grande, her brother.", he says gripping my hand in a firm shake. At the word brother, my heart drops and I feel my palms become sweaty. "I-it's nice t-to meet you.", I say stumbling over words. He raises his perfectly sculpted eyebrow and goes to talk, but Ariana pops up from under his arm. "Hi Jade. I'll see you later Frankie.", she says hugging me.

I wrap my arms around her and smell her hair like a weirdo, falling into a trance. "Are you sniffing my hair?", she questions laughing. "Uh maybe.", I say ducking my head so she can't see my flaming cheeks. "You've gotten taller. And you're absolutely adorable.", she states. "I'm not sure about the taller part, but thanks.", I say looking back up to Frankie. "I want her back her at 9:30 sharp, no later", he says looking me dead in the eyes. I gulp and nod my head at his scary approach before leading Ariana to my bike. When I hear her gasp and get nervous again. "We don't have to take. We could just-," I start but get cut off by her squeal. "I've always wanted to ride on a motorcycle.", she says.

I hand her the spare helmet I had in my bike compartment and show her how to sit on it before starting the bike. Her arms tighten around my waist, and I purr? "That's new kid. Something you want to tell me?", Zylo asks. I make a questioning noise before deciding to leave it be and continue on the memorized path. When I pull up to the woods, I realize I wouldn't be able to make my bike transform without making her suspicious, so instead I stop in a clearing that's a short walk from the place and start grabbing all the stuff.

"I hope you don't mind. It's just a short walk from here.", I say awkwardly. "It's completely fine. But are you alright? You're shaking a little bit.", she asks. "I'm just nervous. Don't let that shake you up though, I'm a wreck when it comes to stuff like this.",  I joke. We make some light conversation until coming upon a familiar looking wolf. Dull yellow orange-ish eyes look up at me and I smile. "Hey C. What are you doing all the way out here?", I question crouching down to him. "I was out walking then I tripped and fell down over there.", he answers. "Do you know him?", I hear Ariana ask. "Uh yeah the girls and I go wondering around in the woods after school and we found him one day. He's super friendly.", I say.