CHAPTER 71

I stared at my mum, baffled. What was she on about? I pulled out the letter from my pocket and handed it to her. She read through the contents before looking back up at me again, frightened.

"This is a fake! And why does it say that Bella is here, I thought she was with you?"

My heart sank.

"N-no she isn't with me. The Ministry workers said that you and dad picked her up from the Muggle Registration office and took her home!" I said, this couldn't be happening. Where the hell was Bella?

"I haven't been to The Ministry in ages! And I haven't seen Bella since the beginning of this year" My mum said.

"Well if she isn't with you and she isn't with me, where the hell is she?" I asked.

"Bella definitely isn't here.." we turned around to see Bellatrix emerge from the shadows, looking quite pleased with herself.

"What do you know Bellatrix?" my mum demanded.

"Patience now, Helena. Why must you always blame me? Perhaps ask your sister-in-law, who you trust so much" said Bellatrix, grinning toothily.

Narcissa stood with her hands held together at her front, she looked very ashamed.

"I had no choice, they threatened to kill Draco" she whispered the last part.

"So you endangered not one, but both of my daughters lives!" my mother roared.

"Oh no, she's safe now, back with her muggle mummy and daddy" said Bellatrix venomously.

"But it got Alice exactly where we needed her to be"

"What do you mean exactly where you needed me to be?" I asked Bellatrix shakily.

"When Greyback finally discovered Atlantes, he took your little sister, thinking it was you. But that worked perfectly well for us, we thought that you would come to look for her but instead, you disappeared for a few months. Fortunately, on Christmas eve, the blood-traitor Arthur let it slip to one of the imperiused Ministry Officials that his twin sons were coming over for Christmas Dinner-"

"And so you made the official tell him about the pub in Godric's Hollow, to lure me there. You knew Arthur would tell us about the pub when we told him we needed a place for hiding" I said, finally understanding the whole thing.

"You catch on well darling, but that isn't all, when you went to Godric's Hollow, we threatened a mudblood to help us get you there-"

"Emma" I whispered.

"Yes, whatever her name was. She was the one who delivered the fake letter, although she was quite troublesome, very hard to make her follow the instructions" said Bellatrix, shaking her head.

It all made sense now. Emma was behaving weirdly and trying to keep herself away from us because she had been threatened.

"But all that's by-the-by, my plan worked perfectly, but the best part is still to come"

Bellatrix whipped out her wand and placed the tip of it on her death eater mark.

"NO!" mum yelled, but it was too late.

Voldemort apparated in the hallways of Malfoy Manor, his red eyes gleaming and his cloak sweeping behind him as he walked slowly towards me.

"Ah! Alice! We finally meet after a very long time!" Voldemort said, as if he was simply greeting a guest who had come over for tea.

"What do you want?" I said, trying not to sound terrified.

"Nothing much" He placed the tip of his wand on the base of my neck,