CHAPTER 57

Today we were going muggle shopping which is why I had asked Elias if I could start working tomorrow instead of today to which he kindly agreed.

"Ready?" asked Amelie.

"Ready" Bella and I replied. The three of us linked our arms together and apparated to Diagon Alley.

"Oh my god, apparation feels terrible" Bella said, trying to stand straight on her two feet.

"You'll get used to it once you learn" I said.

We waited outside of Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes for Fred. After a few moments, he stepped out. He was wearing a white shirt which was tucked into his black trousers, the sleeves of his shirt were rolled up to his elbows as it was beginning to get quite hot.

"Why are you in your work clothes?" I asked.

"Someone made a really big purchase today and they wanted to have a meeting to see if everything was in order" said Fred.

"Hey..Amelie was it?" he said, looking at the other two.

"Yep, and this is Bella" said Amelie.

"Hi, I'm Alice's sister" she smirked.

I smacked my forehead. That really wasn't the right way to break it to Fred.

"I'm sorry, what?" he said, looking confused.

"Yea, long lost sister, adopted by a pair of muggles" said Bella casually.

"Okay, what am I missing?" Fred crossed his arms.

"Sorry I didn't tell you Fred, I wanted to make sure Bella knew first"

I explained everything to Fred as we walked out of Diagon Alley and into the streets of London.

"You sure do have a crazy life" Fred said.

"Tell me about it" I sighed.

"Okay, first stop, the candy store!" said Bella, taking us into a store called 'SugarSin'.

It was full of muggles walking around the place, stuffing candy into their mouths.

"Why is everything so..stationary?" Fred asked, looking around.

"Yea, nothing's moving" I felt a bit odd. It was weird to see everyone doing the work manually.

"And what the hell are M&M's?" said Fred, a little too loudly, causing a few people to look at him as if he was an alien.

"M&M's are like the chocolate frogs of the muggle world. You haven't lived until you've tried those" said Amelie.

We shopped for all sorts of candies, muggles were pretty inventive with their products. I especially liked one kind of candy called 'Sour patch Kids'.

After that, at the grocery store, Amelie and Bella introduced us to something called 'ramen'.

"So it takes only two minutes?" I asked, picking up a packet and inspecting it. This could be good for a quick dinner.

"Yea, the instructions are on the back" said Bella. I bought loads of ramen, hoping to try it later tonight.

"This tastes so good" said Fred, sipping from a blue can that said 'Pepsi' on it.

"What does it taste like?" I asked.

"It's kinda like a better tasting..detergent" said Fred.

Amelie and Bella looked at each other and laughed.

After that, they took us to a clothing store which didn't hold that many surprises because there was rarely a difference in the kind of clothes muggles and non-muggles wore. Then we went to something called the 'bowling alley'.