CHAPTER 41

When I entered the Great Hall the next day, after all the classes were over, I noticed Ron whisper something to Harry and Hermione who in turn glanced at me. I decided not to sit with them, Ron had seen Draco and I together yesterday and he must have told Harry. Harry was hell bent on the idea that Draco was a death eater.

I sat at the Hufflepuff table with Ernie MacMillan and Padma Patil who were quite happy to see me.

"Hey Alice! Welcome back to the Hufflepuff table" grinned Ernie.

"Sorry I haven't been around much" I said.

I started to eat when suddenly I remembered something.

"Padma? How's Jenna?" I asked.

"We haven't been talking much" Padma sighed.

Jenna was in her final year of Hogwarts and I hadn't seen her around ever since she..kissed Fred. I had put that behind me now, I believed Fred when he told me that he wanted nothing to do with her.

"Why not?" I asked.

"To be honest, she's been a bitch. I had no idea how terrible she could be. Especially when she kissed your boyfriend, that was just crossing the line" said Padma.

"What's crossing the line?" someone said behind me.

Speak of the fucking devil.

"Hello Jenna" Ernie said, amused.

"Hey there Ernie, Padma..Alice" she said, sitting next to Ernie and opposite me and Padma.

Ernie gave the two of us a look that said 'this is going to be fun'.

"What are you doing here Jenna?" Padma huffed.

"Sitting, with my friends" she shrugged.

Seriously? How did she even think that we were still her friends?

"What friends?" said Padma, earning a chortle from Ernie.

"What, are you guys not my friends?" she looked innocently at the three of us.

"Sure" shrugged Ernie.

"Not anymore" said Padma.

"Maybe if you hadn't snogged my boyfriend" I muttered.

"Oh Fred! I remember him, how is he now?" she asked me.

"It's none of your business" I said.

"None of my business? Or are you just not talking to him?" she smirked.

I wanted to smack her on the face with a chair but I tried to keep my composure.

"You know what, I have to go" I snapped, getting up from the table and walking out to the grounds. I walked towards the Quidditch pitch, one of my favourite places in Hogwarts, in hopes that it would calm me down.

When I went there, I saw that the Gryffindor try-outs were taking place. I saw Hermione sitting in the stands while Harry and Ginny ordered all the students about on the pitch. I wondered who was going to replace Fred and George as beaters, they used to be one of the best on the Gryffindor team.

Hermione spotted me from where she was sitting and motioned for me to come sit with her.

I climbed up the steps and walked towards her, sitting down next to her.

"Where were you today morning?" Hermione asked.

"At the Hufflepuff Table"

She nodded as awkward silence filled the air.