CHAPTER 46

The ride to King's Cross was very awkward. Harry had resumed not speaking to me but I didn't know why. What had I done? Ron and Hermione tried to make conversation with me but I really wasn't in the mood.

Midway through, I decided to sit with Ernie and Padma instead. I was beginning to regret going to The Burrow. Harry wasn't speaking to me, Ron and Hermione probably thought I was a weirdo and my ex-boyfriend was going to be there too.

What was I thinking? I should have just stayed back with Draco.

When we finally reached, Molly and Arthur picked up up in their Ford Anglia and drove us to The Burrow. Arthur tried to convince Molly to let him fly the car but she wasn't having it.

"I'm so happy to have the five of you here, it was beginning to get a bit lonely at The Burrow with only me and Arthur there" Molly said as she helped us unload the luggage.

"I'm glad you invited me" I smiled.

"I'll be very honest with you, this was Fred's idea, he wanted to invite you. And I was all for it! I had completely forgotten that you and him were good friends" she said cheerily, walking into the Burrow.

Fucking Fred. That arse knew what he was doing. I wanted to choke him with my bare hands.

"Alice?" Ron jogged up to me as we were walking to the Burrow. Hermione and Ginny walked behind us.

"Yea?"

"Just because Harry isn't talking to you doesn't mean we aren't. Hermione and I believe you when you say you have nothing to do with Malfoy. Harry's just, been out of sorts lately" Ron said, scratching the back of his neck.

"Thank you Ron, it means a lot" I smiled at him and he grinned back.

We entered the Burrow, warm and welcoming as usual. Mrs. Weasley had done a great job decorating for Christmas.

"Are Charlie and Bill coming?" Ginny asked.

"No not this year" sighed Mr. Weasley.

"What about Fred and George?" she asked.

"They're upstairs in their room" said Mrs. Weasley, entering the kitchen.

"Did someone say Fred and George?" The twins apparated in the living room.

"Hello Ginny, Harry, Ron, Hermione..Alice! I haven't seen you in forever" George said, giving me a small hug.

"Hey George, yea it's been 4 months?" I grinned back.

George nodded walking towards the trio and Ginny and leading them to the dining table, saying he had something to show them. Mr. Weasley went out to the shed, saying something about 'muggle devices'. Mrs. Weasley was in the kitchen. Fred and I were left alone in the living room.

"Hey Alice" he offered a smile.

I crossed my arms.

"Why did you call me here?" I asked.

"Ugh I knew mom would rat me out" he said, plopping on to an armchair.

Seeing him in the flesh made my heart race. I had almost forgotten how crazy I was about him.

"It's nice to see you Fred" I said, my arms still crossed but my expressions softening.

"That's because I'm Fred Weasley. Everybody loves me" he said mockingly.

Before I could come up with a reply, Mrs. Weasley called us to the kitchen for dinner. Fred got up from the armchair holding his arms out.

"What?" I raised my eyebrows.