CHAPTER 30

The rest of Christmas passed by in a flurry. I celebrated Christmas with the Patil twins, Ernie, Bella and Zach. The meeting with my mother had gone down well, even if it was for a very short while. The expression on my mother's face when she met Bella was etched in my mind. What did she see in her? Did she know her? I couldn't even write to her to ask, I didn't know where she was.

Tomorrow was the first day of school which meant that Fred, George, Harry, Hermione, Ginny and Ron would be returning to Hogwarts any minute.

I was eating my breakfast when an owl landed in front of me. I untied the letter from its leg and began to read.

Dear Alice,

I'm so glad you finally decided to write to me. When you said all of that in your letter, it motivated me to talk to my parents. So I did. Last night.

Now they're not talking to me. But honestly, it is such a relief to get this off of my chest. I told Ella and she supports my decision. I can't tell you how much I love her. And how much I love you!

Now, for the last part of your letter. You said you missed my dirty jokes so here are a few to keep you going:

1) What did the banana say to the vibrator?

Why are you shaking? She's gonna eat me!

2) What's the difference between your wife and your job?

After five years, your job will still suck.

3) Know what a 69 is?

Another good thing screwed up by a period.

Love you Alice ;)

Amelie

By the time I was done reading her letter, I was in tears of laughter. I definitely had to use these jokes with Fred and George one day.

"What's got you laughing so hard?"

I looked up to see Fred towering above me.

"Fred!" I practically fell down, trying to get up from my seat. When I finally managed to get up and stand straight on my feet I wrapped my arms around Fred, enveloping him in a hug.

"Missed me a little too much?" Fred chuckled, hugging me back.

"You left without telling me! No note, no letter, nothing! What happened? And where's George and everyone else?"

"I left George with my luggage so he's probably trying to bring my bags in"

"But why did all of you leave early?"

Fred looked upset, he grabbed my arm and pulled me down to sit with him.

"Al..my uh..dad was attacked"

"Attacked?"

"By Voldemort"

"WHAT?"

"Shh not many people know"

"But is he alright? How bad is it?"

"He's okay now, if it wasn't for Harry we might have not been able to save him" said Fred.

"What do you mean?"

"Harry's been seeing things. Visions. It's almost as if he can enter Voldemort's thoughts"

How did that even work? Harry and Voldemort had a lot of history but it didn't occur to me how intense it really was.

Fred looked tired, weary. I placed my hand on his cheek and stroked his face with my thumb. Fred leaned into my palm.