CHAPTER 25

"I don't have a very good feeling about Professor Umbridge" I muttered, looking at her as she drank something from a cup.

"Why not? Aren't we all the best of friends?" Fred snickered.

"She reminds me of Neville's toad" said Harry.

"That is a huge insult to Trevor!" George said in mock horror.

"She's from the Ministry she better be good!" Hermione added.

"I saw her at the Ministry when I went for my trial, if she had it her way, I would be expelled from Hogwarts right now"

"The job's jinxed I tell you" Ron said, stuffing toast into his mouth.

I pulled out my timetable to see what class we had first.

"We've got Defence Against the Dark Arts together" I said, looking at Hermione, Harry and Ron.

"And we're a minute late, come on we have to go" Hermione picked up her bag and the three of us followed her to class.

On the way, I met Bella who looked a little lost.

"Bella! Hi!" I smiled at her.

"Hello Alice! Can you please show me how to get to Potions? I can't seem to find my way" She frowned.

I was conflicted, if I dropped her to class I would be late, but I didn't want her to be lost.

"You guys go, I'll be there in five minutes" I said to the trio before motioning Bella to follow me.

"I'm in Hufflepuff too, just like you" She looked at me and smiled, her green eyes shining. She had brown hair that reached to her shoulders. She was quite short for an eleven year old.

"Really? That's amazing"

"Yea, I'm from a muggle family and they know nothing about magic" She sighed.

"Maybe you can tell them all about it, I'm sure they'll be delighted to hear about your experiences at Hogwarts" 

We finally reached the dungeons and she thanked me before entering the classroom.

Fuck. I was ten minutes late.

I ran to the classroom as fast as I could and when I finally entered, Professor Umbridge looked at me like I was a rat that had gotten stuck inside her shoe.

"Miss..Malvolio, I presume. You are late"

Why was she pointing out the obvious.

"Sorry, prefect duties"

"No excuses in my class please, you will write a three foot long essay on the three Unforgivable Curses"

What the fuck?

"But a little girl was lost - "

"Did I speak in Mermish? I think not. Now take a seat so that we can begin class" Her voice was high pitched as if she was constipated.

Maybe she was.

I grumbled as I took a seat, pulling out my wand.

"There will be no need for wands in Defence Against the Dark Arts, please put those back in your bags" said Umbridge.

"No wands?" Hermione said, confused.

"No Miss Granger. It is time you start building on theoretical knowledge"

"But how will we face the real world?" Harry asked.

"There is no danger that awaits you in the 'real world'. Now, if you are done wasting my time, please put your wands away and pull out your books. Flip to page 235" She said as she started pointing her own wand to the board, writing something down.

I already knew that I was going to hate her.

.

"The nerve! No danger awaits us? I hate to break it to you but Voldemort is on the fucking loose" I snapped.

"Someone's a bit moody today" Fred grinned, leaning over to kiss my cheek.

"You okay?" He whispered in my ear.

"I'm fine, it's just, Professor Umbridge makes me want to jump off a cliff. Have you not had a class with her yet?"

"No I haven't but I do have Quidditch practice now" Fred said, pushing his plate away before getting up from the table.

I'll walk you to the ground" I said.

Both of us walked together to the Quidditch grounds where everyone else including a few new people stood.

"What's Ron doing here?" Fred squinted at the tall redhead holding a broom and looking rather out of place.

"I think he may be trying out"

"See you after practice?" He turned to me, wrapping his arms around my neck.

"Can't I'm trying out for Hufflepuff right after Gryffindor vacates the pitch" I said.

"Guess I'll have to make up for after, now" He leaned in closer but I ducked and got out from his arms and Fred fell forward onto his face.

"Mm no can do, you're going to need all that focus for the match" I said, smirking and pointing at the pitch before walking away while laughing, leaving Fred lying baffled on the ground.

.

"Ready Alice?"

"Ready Zach" I said.

Zacharias Smith was also a chaser on the Quidditch Team and he seemed pretty impressed with me. I had already got the Quaffle in twice.

Zach handed the Quaffle to me and I immediately whizzed past all the players. I missed a Bludger that came flying my way and even dodged Ernie who had tried to stop me. Finally, I got the Quaffle in.

"That was brilliant!" yelled Zach.

"You're definitely going to be our new chaser" He said smiling at me.

I walked back to the dressing room, content with my position in the team. When I left after showering for the Great Hall, I noticed Fred and George looking angrily at their plates.

"What's the matter?" I asked, approaching the both of them.

"Umbridge" They sneered.

"Someone has to do something about her" I sighed, shaking my head.