CHAPTER 2

I woke up today morning at 4 AM feeling very excited. After showering and getting dressed, I pulled out a duffel bag and stuffed in there enough clothes and essentials for the trip. I even packed a green sweater to show my support for the Irish Quidditch Team, The Kenmare Kestrals. I was at the grand entrance, ready to leave before anyone else could even brush their teeth. After half an hour, a half asleep, grumpy Draco dressed in a black turtleneck, black blazer and black trousers, trudged into the living room. He looked rather overdressed for a Quidditch match.

"Are you going to the Ministry for a job interview?" I asked him, eyeing him up and down.

"Shut up Malvolio" He grumbled.

In a couple of hours, Lucius, Draco and I arrived at the portkey that would take us to the location where the World Cup would be held in a matter of a few hours. Travelling using a portkey was absolutely sickening. It felt as if I was stuck on a merry-go-round which was enchanted to rotate at the highest speed possible.

As we finally reached solid ground, I felt a little queasy but the electric atmosphere of everything around me distracted me in no time. Far and wide, tents were being pitched, bets were being placed and wizards and witches chatted animatedly amongst themselves, perhaps discussing the outcome of the match.

"Good morning Mr. Malfoy, I'm Shawn Devon, follow me and I'll take you to your tent." A young man approached us, a lazy smile on his face being a dead giveaway that he was a muggle under the imperious curse.

Shawn led us to our tent which looked very compact from the outside but was large and lavish on the inside. Draco immediately hopped into bed and pulled out a book while Lucius conversed with some members of the ministry.

"Aren't you going to come outside?" I asked Draco.

"And do what?"

"Have a look around, there's so much to see."

"I'd rather eat a slug than go sightseeing with the likes of you." Draco sneered.

I ignored his rude comment and stepped out of the tent, ready to explore the area. I was amazed at how the atmosphere was heavy with laughter and excitement, I felt nostalgic, remembering feeling this way at Beauxbatons whenever a Quidditch match took place.

I was very distracted as there was so much going around me, I tried to take in all the sights at one, not looking where I was going. Without warning, I bumped into someone in front of me before falling down on to my butt.

"I-I so sorry about that, I wasn't looking where I was going." I stuttered, trying to get back up. A blush crawled on to my cheeks, embarrassed at my clumsiness.

The person I bumped into held out a hand for me and I grabbed it, lifting myself off the ground.

I looked up to be met with a rather tall boy who looked around my age with flaming red hair, flowing down to his shoulders. He had a stern look on his face.

"You should be."

I was a little taken aback by his bluntness and didn't know how to reply to him. Seeing the look of surprise on my face, his own broke into a mischievous smile.

"I'm only joking, I'm Fred, you must be clumsy." I smiled at his joke, relieved that he wasn't a stuck up snob like Draco.

"I definitely am clumsy but people also know me as Alice, nice to meet you."

"Where are you off to?"

"Just having a look around, I don't know anyone here."

"Do you go to Hogwarts?" Fred asked me as he scrunched his eyes, trying to recognise me.