CHAPTER 31

"How does the Inquisitorial Squad even work?" I asked as we stared up at the new decree that had just been nailed on to the wall.

"They're under Umbridge" said Neville.

"They're basically mini Umbridges running around Hogwarts trying to catch any students disobeying the rules" Hermione sighed.

"And who is going to be part of this squad?"

I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned around to see Draco standing with Crabbe, Goyle, Zabini and Pansy. All of their arms were crossed and they looked at us with smirks on their faces.

"Hello cousin" said Draco.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"Just giving you the answer to your question"

What was he on about? I stared at him dumbly for a few seconds.

Draco rolled his eyes and then motioned to himself and his Slytherin friends.

"We are the inquisitorial squad"

Great. This is exactly what I needed to make my day better.

"I hope you enjoy your job as an Umbridge minion" I said, turning around and walking away but I immediately bumped into Jenna.

"Hey Alice, have you seen Fred? I need help in my Arithmancy homework"

"Fred, doesn't take Arithmancy" I said, crossing my arms.

"Can you just tell him I'm looking for him?"

"You don't have to because I'm right here" Fred said, approaching us along with George.  George grinned at me but the moment he saw Jenna, he turned on his heel and walked away, making me snicker.

"Oh my gosh Fred I was just looking for you!" said Jenna, walking closer to him.

"You were?" Fred looked confused, "What for?"

"I was just hoping you could help me out in my potions homework? I know you're really good in potions" Jenna batted her eyelashes at him.

I thought it was Arithmancy homework.

"Uhh sure, Al I'll talk to you later?" Fred smiled at me before walking away with Jenna.

I have never wanted to hit someone more. Nothing was going on right? Sure Jenna usually came on a little too strongly but maybe that's just the way she was. She knew Fred and I were dating. I shrugged the thought off and walked with Hermione and Neville to the library so that we could finish our homework.

"Erm Alice?" Neville said, clutching his books to his chest.

"Yea?"

"Do you happen to know Luna Lovegood by any chance?"

"I've only spoken to her a couple of times" I replied.

"Oh I know her! Why do you ask?" Hermione said as we entered the library.

"Well uh, it's just that..I'm uh"

"Spit it out Neville"

"I like her" He said, his cheeks redder than ever.

I remembered more than a year ago when Cedric had told me he had liked me, his pink cheeks flushing more than usual. But we were always better off as friends, we both knew that. And he had met Cho, I wondered how she was doing?

Hermione and Neville were busy talking as I noticed Bella, her books clutched in her arms. She got up from her table and walked out of the library, a piece of parchment slipping out from her book and on to the floor.