five

That voice. I haven't heard that voice in what felt like ages; the voice that I used to love but grown to hate.

"Mia. Mia. Are you still there?" She asked. I gulped, trying to process what to say.

"Mom." I quietly mumbled.

"Mia, how are you sweetie?" She asked with enthusiasm yet rather quietly as if she was nervous.

"I'm fine. Why are you calling?" I cut to the chase.

"You're still the same." She chuckled. I didn't respond. I guess she took the hint by actually answering my question. "I miss you Mia. I've been thinking about you a lot lately and I just want a relationship with you."

"If you did then you wouldn't have given me up so easily." I shot back.

"I was stupid and I just wasn't happy. I know it was wrong, but I'm happier now, with Steven... How's your dad?"

"He's fine... Is that all you wanted to say? That you miss me?"

"No actually. Mia, I really miss you. I need to see you. It's been too long. I miss my baby. I want you to visit."

"No." I simply answered,

"Mia, please." She begged.

"I can't just leave school or dad!" I rationalized.

"You're my daughter too. I deserve to see you." She said in an angry tone.

"You didn't care if you saw me or not while you and dad were in court. All you cared about was yourself and your boy toy!" I yelled, unaware of how angry I was actually was.

"I'm sorry you feel that way. I would like you here next weekend."

"No, I don't have money and I'm not asking dad." I said wearily.

"Fine, I'll come to you." NO.

"You don't have to."

"Yes. You clearly won't come to me. Put your father on the phone." She demanded. I didn't say another word. I walked back into the living room and handed my dad the phone.

"Who is it?" He asked me.

"Psycho." He let out an exaggerated sigh. He knew. He put the phone to his ear and started talking with a sleeping Patrice leaning on his shoulder. I left the living room and went to my room. I was totally done with this day. I was glad that Channing and I are 'friends'. I was also happy for my dad that he was actually happy again. He finally looks content. But now, I wanted to scream because my mom is trying to fly in. She thinks just because she and my dad divorced, it didn't impact me either. She basically gave me up and took everything from us, and the thing is, it didn't seem to bother her one bit. This is one of the few times I am hearing from her since. I ended up going to bed angry, upset, and mentally tired.

I woke up with my curly mess of hair in my face. I lazily got out of bed and walked over to my bathroom to take a shower. I followed my usual morning routine for school and by the time I was done, it was 7:40; time for me to go.

School was school. I decided to go straight home. Sara ended up coming with me. When we got to my house, my dad was in the kitchen, with paperwork all over the island. He had his reading glasses on, writing on some of the papers.

"Hey dad." He quickly glanced over at us.

"Hello ladies." He greeted us. We both walked further in the kitchen, searching for food to eat. "Mia, I need to talk to you." My dad said. I turned around to look at him.