three

It was Saturday. I was dreading this day. I didn't want to go to this match at all. I usually didn't mind these matches, but the fact that Channing was fighting was making me dread it. At the moment, I was in my large bedroom getting ready with Sara for the match. It was 7:21, the match started at 8.

      "I wish you would just come with me." I complained while searching through my closet looking for something to wear.

"I have to baby sit that little brat at 8:30. You know that I would go with you. And please Mia, I don't know why you hate him so much. He's beautiful." She gushed, as she looked at pictures of him online from my laptop. I glared at her as she sat on my white lounge chair in the corner, diagonal from my queen bed.

      "Okay, he may be attractive but he's an ass." I mumbled. I took my T-shirt off and threw on a cream tank top and an Aztec cardigan.

"I bet he has a nice ass." She snickered. I ignored her comment by shaking my head. "But in all seriousness, how?"

      "He's rude and full of himself. He always has a stupid smirk on his face. He doesn-" I quickly began to speak before she cut me off.

"Okay gosh! Damn, I didn't know he had that much of an effect on you." I walked over to my dresser and pulled out a pair of jeans and slid them on.

      "Yeah, well he does."

"You're going to have to get used to him because your dad isn't letting him go any time soon." Sara said as she walked over to my closet, and took out my old boots and handed them to me. I thanked her and put them on.

"But I can't. He actually aggravates me." I said in frustration, running my hands through my hair.

      "You'll be fine." She assured.

"I have to go." I said looking at the time.

      "Me too." I grabbed my jacket and we both made our way out, going our separate ways.

      I arrived outside of the ring. You see, there are two buildings. The smaller brick building was where the boxers practice. The larger brick building was the area where the matches happen. The parking lot was absolutely packed. Luckily, my dad has reserved parking for his boxers and us. I turned my car off and headed inside, following a bunch of other people. They were showing the security their tickets to allow them entrance. I just walked past the line and right through since the security knew me. I immediately went to the locker room to go look for my dad. When I opened the door, all of the boxer's eyes were on me.

      "What are you doing back here?" Channing spoke up.

"I-I was looking for my dad." I stuttered, trying to remain confident although I was failing miserably.

      "Well, he's not in here." He hissed.

"Obviously." I walked out of the room over to the bleachers that were surrounding the ring. I sat in the fourth row, waiting for the match to start.

      Around 8:05, a man dressed in a tuxedo came out with a microphone in hand. He stood in the middle of the ring grinning widely, obviously excited for the match.

      "Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, I'm Toni Bryant and this is the first match of U.S amateur boxing in Oregon!" He yelled making the crowd go wild. "Today, we have five different fights happening. From home, we have Shepard, Grant, Briar, Carter and from the welcoming from the U.K., Channing Wood!" He elongated the last word. The crowd roared while I just kind of stood there. Maybe about an hour and half past when the first two men won against their opponents, but the last two lost, badly. The crowd erupted into another loud cheer as the announcer came back to the stage. And again he says, "Ladies and gentlemen! It's the time you all have been waiting for. All the way from the U.K., he's 6'1, weighing 187lbs, give it up for our very own Channing Wood!" The audience went nuts. From one corner of the room, between the bleachers, was a tunnel where Channing casually strolled out from. He walked out in a black robe with his last name written on the back in bold white letters. He had black shorts hanging low from his waist. He wore black sneakers and black boxing gloves to match the rest of his attire. He climbed under the ropes and into the ring with a stern look on his face. "In the other corner we have a California native. Standing 6'3, weighing 199lbs, Jacob Nucci!" Part of the crowd cheered, but mostly everyone booed Channing's opponent. He entered the ring, his eyes focused on Channing. Both guys took their robes off, as they talked to their coaches, while the crowd was still cheering. I couldn't help but let my eyes wander to Channing's chest. He had large tattoos all over his chest with a full sleeve on his left arm and one word at the top of his right arm that I couldn't make out. I guess I didn't really pay close attention to that since he was so busy annoying me while I tried hard to ignore the arrogant bastard. Before I knew it, I heard a loud bell go off signalizing that the fight started. The two boxers bounced around the ring, intensely studying each other's movement. Nucci took a swing at Channing but it was blocked and many punches were returned by Channing. His opponent stumbled back a bit but got his balance back. The match went like this the whole time. Channing barely got hit. He ended up winning by a lot. My dad was elated and the crowd was too.