twenty

"UncleMatt!" I yelled. My young uncle turned around and smiled at me.

"Don't call me uncle, kid. It makes me feel old." He jokedand pulled me into a hug. He was definitely not old. He was only a few yearsolder than me.

"What'sup?" I asked.

"Just watching things while your dad and Patrice have fun."He snickered. I knew where he was hinting at but I didn't need to hear that.

"Ew stop!"I covered my ear whiles he laughed at me. "Do you like the place?"

"Yeah, it's sweet. The ladies here aren't treating me badeither."

"That'sgood I guess." I awkwardly said.

"What are your plans for spring break?" Matt asked.

"Nothing.I'm probably going to stay here." I answered.

"Why?" He asked.

"I don'tknow."

"Are you still grounded?"

"So my dadtold you about the drugs." I assumed.

"Yeah." He exhaled.

"They weren'tmine. I was covering for a friends." I told him the truth.

"Okay." He sounded unconvinced. "Just don't do anythingstupid please." He requested.

"I won't. Ilearned my lesson."

"Good." He smiled at me. "Well I have to go 'coach'. I'lltalk to you later." He ran off. I love that he was so chill. I walked to theweight room, knowing that Channing was in there lifting. I walked over to himto finish this rep. He put the heavy weight down and sat up.

"Hey." Heslightly smiled.

"Hi. What's up?"

"Nothing."He shortly answered.

"Oh."

"What areyou doing here?" He asked

"I don't know. I wanted to see how Matt was."

"Oh. Um,can I talk to you?" He asked. I hate hearing those five words.

"Uh sure." I answered. He looked over and saw the otherboxers staring at us.

"Let's gooutside." He said and stood up. I followed him to the exit of the weight room,to the main office and outside. I turned to him and waited for him to talk. "Iwas thinking that maybe we can go somewhere tonight for a few days." Hesuggested.

"What?"

"Yeah. It'syour spring break. I already took a few days off. I rented a place. I wanted tosee if you were up for it. You don't have to say yes. I was just curious if youwanted to come with me." He rambled. I couldn't help but smile. He lookednervous.

"Yes, of course." I answered, causing him to smile wildly. "I'lltell Matt that I'm going out with friends or something."

"Good. CanI get you tonight?"

"Yes. Where are we going?"

"CrescentBeach. You'll like it." He promised.

"Okay." I nodded. "I gotta go talk to Matt." I smiled andwalked back inside.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

It was easyto persuade my uncle Matt to let me go. He said he wouldn't tell my dad but Ihad to keep in touch and answer every call, which wouldn't be a problem. I wasexcited but scared. I didn't know what to pack. I knew the weather was going tobe nicer there than it is here. I was excited about that part. I packed lightlyI guess: a few pairs of shorts and shirts, 2 dresses, a sweater and sandals andthe rest of my essential needs. I threw on leggings and a sweatshirtconsidering this was going to be a long ride.