twenty-three

A/N: PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE ON EVERY CHAPTER!!! ALSO PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT 'THE RING'!!!!! THANK YOUS :) xoxo

            Right now, I was on my way to a coffee shop a little farther away from my house to meet Channing. He insisted on talking but I refused to go to his house. I think it'll be better if we're in a public place. I sat in the coffee shop for a while waiting for him to show. I had ordered him a cup of coffee too but I was afraid that it was going to get cold. Eventually, he came in. He looked angelic as always. He was wearing a brown coat, white shirt and black jeans. He had black Ray Bans covering his green eyes that I loved so much. He spotted me and approached the table. He pulled his seat out and took his glasses off as he sat down.

"Hey love. Sorry, I got stuck in traffic." He apologized.

"It's fine." I brushed it off. "I ordered your favorite."

"Thanks." He smiled. "So how have you been?" He asked, breaking the ice.

"Channing, this isn't like us; being awkward. Even with everything that has happened, we shouldn't be acting like this." I said.

"You're right. Seriously, though, how have you been?"

"Okay. Um-" I started to say something but cut myself off.

"What? What were you going to say?" He asked.

"Nothing." I quickly dismissed it.

"No, tell me." He insisted. He looked me directly in my eyes. He never disconnected our eye contact.

"The other night when I went over and we, you know..." I struggled with my words. "When we were done, you just dropped me off as if nothing just happened. I don't know if sex means nothing to you but it means so much to me and I don't want to just give it away to people who don't care." I admitted.

"Mia, I didn't know you felt that way. I didn't mean to do that. Everything that we do means so much to me. I just wanted to give you space." He reasoned.

"So, having sex is giving me space?" I questioned.

"No but I needed to be close to you." I didn't know what to say. "I want us to be how we used to be."

"Me too." I squeaked.

"Then why don't we?"

"I'm just not sure if it's the right thing to do."

"Since when do we do the right things? Don't overthink things. Just do what you feel." He grabbed my hands. He was right. I should put myself out of this misery.

"Okay." I quietly said.

"Okay?" He questioned for confirmation.

"Yeah." His face lit up causing me to too. He stood up and bent down across the table and kissed me hard. People around us either watched in awe or disgust but I didn't care. I was on cloud nine again.

* * * * * * * * * *

The past couple of days back with him have been great. I've been happier and more like myself. We spent as much time together as possible. We talked, cuddled and kissed, a lot. I missed him so much. The fact that we grew so close in such a short amount of time blows my mind. We were in his living room sprawled across the couch, cuddling and talking about random things. I loved the little moments like this.

"Cats or dogs?" Channing asked.

"Dogs."

"What!" He squeaked. I laughed at him.