twenty-five

A/N: sup y'all. okay, so please please vote and comment! i love comments. this book is unfortunately coming to an end. There's two more chapters and soooo sorry it took so long for me to upload. i was so busy, i couldn't find the time but yeah, please spread the word about this if you like it and comment!!!! xoxo

            I've never been so mad at my dad in my life. Usually, we were the best of friends and would talk all of the time but we haven't said one word to each other in days. I hate it, I do but I have nothing to say to him. It sucks not being close with him anymore. We used to be inseparable. The tension in the house went up. I could hear my dad and Patrice arguing through the walls. Michael would stay with his dad due to all of the drama and yelling in the house. I wouldn't blame him. I would love to leave if I could. The fact that my dad was trying to put a restraining order on Channing was absolutely ridiculous. He has moved to another level of insanity. I begged him multiple times not to but he went ahead and did so. It was an easy process considering he had friends in the law enforcement. I wanted to contact Channing but I had no way to do so. Everything is taken away. I might as well be in prison. People are probably nicer there and have more freedom.

I sat in the kitchen, waiting for my dad to come down so that he could drive me to school like a child, the way he treats me. I found that he is being more of a child than I am in this situation. My dad came trotting down the stairs and straight out of the door. I huffed and followed him to the car. I jumped in the passenger seat and slammed the door shut.

"Morning." He said.

"Hey." I mumbled. The rest of the ride was awkward and uncomfortable and very very silent. We pulled up to school.

"Why don't you make some friends your own age." He remarked. I ignored it and jumped out of the car. Gosh, he's annoying. I walked into school and went straight to my locker.

"Mia." I heard Hunter's voice. I turned around and saw him approaching me.

"Hey." I smiled.

"You okay?"

"Why wouldn't I be?" I asked.

"Everyone was at the match and put two & two together. They know."

"Is that why they're all looking at me?" I realized.

"Yeah, it's fine." He brushed it off. "Don't worry about them."

"I don't." I said as a shut my locker. That was a bit of a lie. Today, I felt self conscious, knowing that they knew something that meant so much to me.

"Good. Come on, I'll walk you to first period." I smiled at my friend's nice gesture and walked to class with him. "I've been meaning to talk to you about something."

"What?" I asked. I looked up at him and waited for him to say something.

"Um, alright, you're making me nervous. You're staring at me with those big brown eyes." He rambled.

"Tell me."

"Since you're like single now, I was thinking, even as friends, that's fine with me but I mean- will you go to prom with me?" He asked. He looked so nervous but I couldn't.

"Hunter, that's so sweet but I can't." I replied. His played it cool but I could tell he was let down.

"It's fine."

"I'm sorry." I apologized.

"I'm going to get to class. I'll see ya." He bid me off. I felt so bad but it's not my scene nor would it feel right.