twenty-four

My life was a mess, a total mess. I'm not allowed to see Channing anymore nor am I allowed to do anything else. My dad took away my car, phone and laptop. I now have to take a yellow school bus home and I'm now 'banned' from the ring. I don't know what to do. I was stuck and I needed to see him. I keep thinking that maybe things wouldn't have gone so badly if he didn't find out that way. Maybe he wouldn't have flipped out on me like that. I was a bit clueless at this point. I didn't how or when I was going to see him again. My dad was beyond pissed at me. He was barely talking to me now. I feel like a prisoner on lock down. I only go downstairs for dinner, sometimes. Dinner was the definition of awkward. No one would say a word. I hated it. There was a lot of tension in the house. I could tell that this is putting a toll on my dad and Patrice's marriage but I couldn't do anything about it.

"So, how your day?" Patrice attempted to make conversation.

"Fine." My dad answered.

"Mine was good. My team won in gym today." Michael spoke up.

"Good honey!" Patrice smiled at her son. "What about you Mia?" I didn't answer.

"Don't be rude." My dad gritted at me.

"Fine, do you really want to know how my day was?" I rhetorically asked. "I'll tell you. It was awful. And do you want to know what I did all day? When I wasn't moping around, I was crying." I said in a very sarcastic tone. My dad dropped his fork.

"I'm tired of your damn attitude!" My dad hissed.

"Are you?" I pushed his buttons.

"Mia, don't be disrespectful to your father." Patrice budded in.

"I'm not. I'm just sticking up for myself and I shouldn't have to towards you. How would you feel if someone said you two couldn't be together? I'm doing exactly what you would if you were in my shoes. I just don't understand. There was nothing wrong with our relationship!" I yelled.

"Go to your room." My dad ordered. I angrily stood up.

"Nice comeback." I stomped up the stairs. This is unfair and stupid. I was just so frustrated and fed up with everything. I knew that this might not be the best idea but I had to go. I needed to see him. I walked down the living room staircase and crept towards the door and grabbed my dad's car keys. I opened the front door and slipped out. I knew for a fact that this was an awful idea but this needed to happen. I make my way to Channing's. I would have called in advance but I didn't have a phone. I quickly sped as if I was in some sort of rush. I finally arrived at his house. I sloppily parked the car in the driveway and hopped out to run to the front door. I impatiently waited for him to open the door. When he finally did, I could tell he was shocked.

"Mia." He breathed out and engulfed me in a hug. I didn't want to let go. He pulled me in the house and closed the door. "Does your father know you're hear?" He asked.

"No."

"He's going to find you. This is going to be the first place he looks." He rationalized.

"I know but I needed to see you. I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"I got you fired. This was a huge opportunity for you and I blew it."

"No, Mia, this isn't your fault. It's kind of my mum's because she had a huge mouth." He chuckled. "But it's going to be okay. He was going to find out eventually." He said. He was right but I still feel awful. "But I don't know what to do right now." He sighed.