Chapter Five: The first mission

Minerva growled as she tried her hardest to concentrate on her meditation, but a certain shorty is making her concentration harder. Asta, idiot! She inwardly growled as she was somewhere on the highest tree, sitting on a cupboard, trying to pull the mana energy across Nature.

While a certain someone was cleaning the entire base. Loud.

I'm gonna kill that brat. She thought, her concentration broken, causing her to fall from her cupboard, but she landed on her feet. Now, now, Madara. Let's not kill Asta. Her rival, Hashirama, pleaded with her while sweat-dropping. I won't kill him,.. but that doesn't mean I can't hurt him~ hehe. She darkly smirked, ignoring the pale face of her rival.

Few minutes later after torturing Asta, although it felt a lot longer than five minutes to Asta, they are on the dining room, eating breakfast made by Charmy's magic. "So, I've been meaning to ask," Asta trailed off, covered in bruises and he looks like he has seen a ghost. " what does the Magic Knights do anyway? " He asked and Minerva stared at him as if he's an idiot. Oh, wait. He is.

" ... Really? " Magna gained an irk-mark, staring at Asta in incredulous. " You're seriously asking that? " He stood up and tried to strangle Asta, who was chocking on his food. " WE PROTECT THE COUNTRY, AND GUARD VIPS, WORK FOR MEN!! WHY THE HELL DID YOU JOIN ONE WITHOUT KNOWING!? "

" I'M SORRY—— I'm about to hurl. " Asta groaned as Minerva ignored him as she and Noelle eat in peace.

" There's also doing things like protecting the people. You might be able to get close wonderful mam like that~. " Vanessa said in a flirtatious manner, causing Minerva's eyebrow twitch in annoyance.

" There are fun jobs like fighting to your hearts content! If it's a criminal, no one will complain if I beat him within an inch of his life! " Minerva is starting to like Luck more and more, nodding in agreement. Oh no! A blonde Madara! Hashirama freaked out inside her head and Minerva snapped at Hashirama. What did you just say, you buffoon!

N-nothing, hehe. Hashirama nervously chuckled at the scary Spartan before him.

" On top of all that, it's a job where you get to admire my sister. You can buy my sister whatever she likes with your pay. Isn't she an angel? " The sister-complex guy, Gauche, said while showing them his sister's picture.

Minerva gave him a blank stare. " No offense, but you made her sound like she's some spoiled brat." She bluntly said, causing the sister-complex to lash out at her. Minerva! Asta wanted to scold her, but... if he did, she'll kill him.

" My food is... all gone! " Minerva decided to focus on Charmy instead of the annoying screaming guy, who wasn't even scary. She noticed that Charmy have a lot of mana, besides their Captain, in the group, which is odd. However, she was intrigued. Charmy opened her Grimoire.

[ Cotton Creation Magic: Sheep Chef ]

Suddenly, three sheep's are cooking foods for the glutton. " You get to eat a lot of food! " Charmy cheerfully said and Minerva couldn't help, but sweat-dropped at the strange girl.

She suddenly looked up to see the tall giant with smoke coming out of their mouth. Asta was startled to see the giant, finding him intimidating, but not as intimidating as Captain Yami and Minerva. The giant opened their Grimoire and smoked covered their eyes for a second. Minerva opened her eyes to see the giant turning into Asta, who was in front of a shocked Asta. The giant, Gray, put his left hand on Asta's shoulder. " Whatever it may be, it's good work. At some point, we'll be working together, and I look forward to it. " Gray said before going back to his 'original' form.