Twins And Transparency

Ochako is ecstatic, she's basically bouncing on the bed. I on the other hand, am scared as hell. I'm clasping my hands so tightly that I think I broke a finger.

"I wanna see, I wanna see!" She begs, her round cheeks cupped in her hands.

Do I wanna see too? Maybe I don't. I mean, I can't. I'm not ready. Holy crap, this is getting way too real. I wastn prepared.

The doctor hushes my wife, "please, calm down Mrs. Bakugo! Calm down before I loose track of them!" Dagaishi chuckles.

Ochako's face reddens slightly, "whoops, sorry," she says sheepishly, "I'm just so excited aren't you Katsuki?"

She turns to me and immediately her face falls. Her chocolate eyes meet my crimson ones. I squirm, shifting my gaze to nowhere in particular. Damn it. Many people think my wife's super power is anti gravity, I'd like to let you all know that it's actually the ability to read people like a freaking book. She's doing right now, and I can tell she's disappointed by what she sees.

Her level of perkiness drops a peg and I can't tell if it's becuase of or the doctor. I place my bets on myself.

Ochako's bottom lip slips between her teeth. She looks down  at her fingers, which are rising and falling on her stomach rhythmically.

"Um, Dr. Dagaishi, would you mind if we took a quick break? I need to speak with my husband for a moment."

I feel my stomach clench and I put a considerable effort into not doubling over. I screwed up. Again. *CENSORED*!

She gives one of her cute, innocent smiles to the middle aged woman who nods in seeming understanding, "of course. But it might take me a few minutes to find the babies when we come back."

"I know, sorry about that."

The doctor flicks her wrist nonchalantly, "no worries dear. You just seemed so excited, I thought I'd warn you before you burst a blood vessel."

The two ladies giggle at the humor. I just sink deeper into the chair, hoping I miraculously disappear.

"Call me when you two are ready," Daigiashi sighs as she finally leaves the room.

It's just Ochako and I now. My body is tense, bringing my shoulders to my ears. She must be so pissed. We find out we're having twin girls and I looked white as a ghost, ready to puke. Probably not the reaction she was hoping for.

It's quiet in the room. The only sound is the humming of medical equipment.

I watch her carefully while avoiding eye contact at all costs. When she moves, I flinch a bit, expecting an episode of chaotic emotions. Instead, she places one hand behind her head while the other motions to the spot beside her. I cautiously move over, sitting straight as a board, but Ochako tugs lightly on my shoulder indicating I should relax. I figured it's the least I ca  do for her, so I lean back beside her.

I can feel her looking at me but I keep my eyes fixed on the tile ceiling.

"Katsuki."

I grunt in acknowledgement, but I don't look at her. I feel her move as she let's out a heavy breath.

"Babe, can you look at me? I'm not your mom or your teacher, so stop acting like I'm about to thump you over the head or something."

My eyes roll to the side, her expression is soft and welcoming.

I cross my arms over.mt chest. "I mean, you threw me off a balcony once." My wife delivers a quick chop to my head.

"Ow! I thought you said you weren't gonna thump me!"