The Choice Is Yours

I've never been so pissed in my life! Ochako is using considerable strength in attempt to hold me back, but I push forward.

"Kacchan! I'm sorry! I-it was an accident! I didn't even know until-"

"Oh, it was an accident you married my bride on my wedding day? You didn't know until what, three months ago? CUT THE FREAKING BULL DEKU! THAT'S THE BIGGEST LOAD OF CRAP I'VE EVER HEARD! THERE'S NO EXCUSE FOR WHAT YOU'VE DONE!"

Ochako tugs on my T-shirt to gain my attention.

"It wasn't just his fault! I did just as much as he did!"

I ignore her and continue to direct my anger at who I thought was, my best frenimy.

"I don't understand Midoriya! What? Was this some sort of sick payback for how I treated you as a kid?!"

"No Kacchan it's-" the green haired idiot interrupts himself. "Wait, what did you just call me?" He asks quietly.

I throw him the harshest look I can muster.

"I called you Midoriya. You decided Deku was the name of a hero, right? Well," I scoff, "All I see in front of me, is a villain. You're not worthy of the tittle hero. Not after what you've done."

I strike a serious nerve with those words.

"Last time I checked I'm the number 1 hero now. Besides, you, of all people have no right to say something like that."

Ochako turns her gaze to Midoriya, then back to me.

"Both of you, stop!"

"What do you mean 'me of all people'?" I spit back.

"You know what I mean." My opponent glares at me.

"No, I don't know."

Midoriya chuckles in an almost sinister fashion.

"Kacchan, you're violent, you're selfish, you're harsh with your tongue, and let's be honest, your people skills suck. I guess what I'm saying here," Midoriya takes a step in, closing the distance between us, "if one of us isn't hero material...it's you."

Before I can react, a small hand smashes into my old friend's face.

He stumbles backwards and looks in shock at the source of the blow.

Ochako's face is beet red.

"How dare you say that to him?" She asks in a low, shaky voice.

Part of me wants to attack Midoriya now that his guard is down. However, the other part of me is too stunned. This just got interesting.

"He basically said the exact same thing to me!" Broccoli Boy shoots back.

The small brunette in front of me is now on the verge of tears.

"At least he had a valid reason to!" She cried. "You say he's not hero material? Then you clearly don't know him well enough! I'm disgusted you'd say such a thing after what we've done!" She sobs.

"Ochako, I-"

"No, Katsuki isn't far off. We acted like villains. I found out our marriage was invalid and I said nothing! Why? Because I was being selfish. I was so concerned about myself, that I thought it better to keep quiet. Then, I leave him on our wedding day, get myself drunk like a fool, and marry his best man!"

Her words are like a hurricane, storming through my emotions. Seething rage is no longer the only thing I feel. Suddenly, betrayal, sadness, and anxiety overwhelm me. I don't know how to explain the kind of pain I'm in right now. The best description I can give you, is having my heart ripped to shreds.