The True Amigos

Tears slip out of the corners of my eyes as I rush back to my room. I'm furious at what just occurred. How could this happen?

I barrel down the stairs. I glance over my shoulder. I don't see Ochako following me. I assume my last words hurt enough to keep her away. Well good, less pain for me to endure.

Or maybe not. The thought of her giving up on me made my heart wrench. I guess part of me wants her to come running after me. I wish that she'd jump into my arms and tell me this was all some crazy dream. I'm awake though and this crapfest is reality.

I reach my room and search around for a means of communication. I spot a landline on the nightstand. My hand lands heavily on the reciever. I punch the number in and press the speaker close to my ear. The line only rings twice before someone answers. 

"Ground Zero Agency, how can I help you?"

I recognize the voice of the receptionist but I don't remember her name. I do remember her nail job though.

"Hey acrylic claws, this is Ground Zero. I need to speak to the transportation head."

The receptionist clears her throat.

"Oh...of course sir. I'll transfer you immediately."

"Thanks."

There's a short silence.

"By the way, my name is Haruhi and my nails are not claws!."

I roll my eyes. Somehow, I stop myself from saying her name is irrelevant and wait for the next person to pick up.

I hum quietly to the smooth jazz notes from the hold music. It's really just something to keep myself occupied. I don't want to give my brain time to recall my current circumstances.

"Fujiko Nomanaki, head of transportation, how can I help you?"

Well at least he said his name first.

"Hi Fujiko it's your boss. I need a plane sent to my coordinates ASAN. This is urgent."

"ASAN sir?"

"As soon as now." I grumble, tightening my grip on the reciever.

"Of course! Yes, I'll have your call traced and I'll send your jet now."

"About that. You may have rent an aircraft, mine kinda blew up on the way over here."

"I see...I was wondering why it never returned to the hanger. I do hope everyone is okay?"

"The plane was hijacked. It was just Ochako and I. We made it out alright."

"Oh yes, should I prepare the flight with  Uravity in mind as well?"

I open my mouth to speak but my throat clenches and the bridge of my nose stings. I take a second to compose myself.

"No....it's just me coming back."

"Ah, I see. Well then....I can have the plane there by ten o'clock in the morning."

"Yeah, okay. Thanks."

"You're welcome sir. Bye bye."

I hang up and dial a new number.

The line rings. I plop on the bed, hoping he picks up.

"Hello?"

A small smile pulls at my lips.

"Hey stupid hair."

"Bakubro! Wassup dude?"

I sigh, not really knowing where to  begin.

"Are you alright?" I hear concern in my friend's voice.