Bickering and Bear Hugs

I wake up to the unpleasant sensation of cold to my skin. I thought I might be dead, turns out, it's just a bag of ice. I was knocked out...by a tree. I've fought Tomura Shigaraki and left the battle with nothing but a few scratches. But I hit a tree branch and it's game over. Wow.

Oh don't laugh or roll your eyes! I know this is dumb, I don't need the readers mocking me! I wish y'all weren’t in my damn head right now it would be easier to think. But noooo, the author had to do a first person perspective. Tch

I sit up and observe my surroundings. I appear to be in a doctor's office.

"Katsukiiiiiiii!" Someone screeches

Suddenly I'm on my back again. My wife is smothering me with her body.

OH MY GOSH, IS SHE GONNA MURDER ME BECAUSE I WAS A JERK!?!?! Pregnant women do crazy things. I've heard horror stories. She might try to send me to space again. The thought sends a chill down my spine.

She pushes herself off of me so her eyes meet mine. I see concern and joy in her face. Okay, maybe she won’t kill me after all.

She scoots closer to me, her big brown eyes overflowing with love. She’s so beautiful, so magnificent. The words Kirishima shared with me, ring in my ears and suddenly I feel a great wave of guilt. I’d never want to hurt, ever.

“Katsuki…” She whispers as she settles into my lap. My head is fuzzy alright, and it isn’t because of my concussion. Her soft voice makes my heart go wild. Her hands brush against my biceps and slide down to my wrists. Her cold fingers leave a trail of goosebumps on my skin. I lean in, she has my dopamine levels through the roof. Suddenly, her hands clench around my forearm. Oh, frisky are we-

“Ow! The hell?!” I feel a burning sensation as my skin twists and rubs against itself.

AN INDIAN SUNBURN!? ARE YOU SERIOUS?!

I pull back. Ochako’s features twist in anger. Her soft face does nothing for her. But never judge a book by it’s cover. This woman is fierce.

“Katsuki you big, big dumby!” She screams in my ear. I think my wife is picking up some abusive tendencies. Tch.

“Babe, we’re in a doctors office, you shouldn’t yell.” I say through my tightly shut jaw.

She growls back at me, it sounds like an angry puppy. I’d tell her she’s cute, but say one wrong word, and we’re back to intergalactic space hero. So I use all my self-control to keep my mouth shut. I decide to try to get her to talk about what riot-for-brains, told me before.

“Pink cheeks, what’s wro-”

“Ugh!” she breathes sharply, “Don’t dare you ‘pink cheeks’ me! You had me so worried! I got a call that you were at the doctor’s with a concussion! Kirishima brought you here, you’re darn blessed to have such a good best friend! Seriously, you can’t be so reckless!”

Uh, you guys do remember she sent me falling to my possible death from our balcony, right? Yeah. Okay, just wanted to make sure.

“Ochako, you tried to send me into space. That was more risky than trying to get home then trying to blast home.” I reason dryly.

She opens her mouth to speak and then closes it slowly. Red spreads across her face and when I try to make eye contact she looks away.

“Oh yeah, hehe, I’m sorry about that...I was just a little upset. It won’t happen again.” She mumbles.

“Yeah, no duh you were upset. Now why don’t you tell me why?” I want her to tell me rather than accusing her of feeling a certain way. Something I heard on a TED talk once. Accusations only work against you or something like that.