From Highways To Hawaii

Ochako and I stop off at the doctor's receptionist desk to pay whatever we owe them. 

"The care you received is covered by your work benefits Mr. Bakugo, no bill today." The silver-haired lady chimes. 

I ain't complaining. I give her a nod and my wife thanks her. We exit the smelly office that I'm sure Adam and Eve opened, and search for our red Tesla (I'm not over spending you idiots, I gotta look after the environment. Geez.)

Ochako locates our vehicle and pulls me by the hand like I'm some little child.  

Apparently, I'm not allowed to drive for a week because of a stupid tree, so I slide into the passenger seat grudgingly. I'm still in my hero clothes, I smell worse than 12 week-old garbage, my head is spinning, and there's traffic. Life sucks. 

My head rests against the window and my arms are crossed over my chest. Our car is still, just like the 300 other vehicles on the 61. However, unlike my wife, no one else has the decency not to honk their horn for no damn reason! Gosh! I wanna kill all these stinking idiots, my head feels like it's exploding! I grit my teeth and cover my ears with my gloved hands I'm hoping it will block out the noise. It doesn't.

"Gaaah! What the hell is wrong with these freaking people?! Don't they see blasting their horns is doing nothing except pissing me off?" I yell in frustration, gripping my biceps to keep myself from blasting a path through the crowd. 

In my seething I notice that there is the absence of one noise: My wife yelling at me to control my temper. This, is of course, very unusual, as Ochako  is always nagging me about my anger management. 

What? I don't have anger issues! I'm just very expressive!

I turn to my brown-haired beauty, she doesn't even notice me looking at her, something that she always seems so aware of. Her foot is tapping the car floor rhythmically and her bottom lip sits between her teeth. Her knuckles are white from her excessive grip on the steering wheel and her eyes look like they're  lost in another world. Something is definitely up. 

"Pink-cheeks." I say quietly (for me anyways). 

My wife lets out a gasp as she jumps, nearly bumping her head on the roof of the car. 

"Whoa, chill." 

Her face twists into an expression of pain as she lowers herself back in her seat. 

"Goodness Katsuki! Don't do that." She groans, placing her hand on her back. 

My eyes narrow in concern and frustration. 

"Do what, say your name? What's wrong with your back? You're growing old in me already?" I say with a playful smirk.

My wife shoots me a death glare. 

"Hey, I was just teasing. C'mon, did you hurt yourself? Do you need to see a doctor?" 

Before she answers, another horn sounds. 

"MOVE YOU *CENSORED CENSORED*."

 I look behind my seat. A nasty, oily looking idiot in an old, rusty Ford  is giving Ochako the finger.

"Sorry!" She yells over her shoulder. 

The road ahead of us must've cleared while we were talking. Our car lurches forward. Nobody talks to my wife like that!

"WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE TALKING TOO?" I yell with my head out the window, ensuring the wind doesn't drown out my voice. My fingers grip the door ledge, making little dents in the red metal.