Till Death Do Us Apart

"Somebody...help her. Help. HELP. For *CENSORED* sake, somebody call an ambulance!"

A mixture of rage and panic infiltrates every cell in my body. I can't even bring myself to look at her, I can't stomach it.

Please, don't die on me Ochako. I let out a cry of agony as I realize, even if the love of my life makes it, there's no way my child survived. That precious little baby, died because I wasn't fast enough to save it.

"I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry." I whisper, wide eyes aimed at the concrete.

"Hey, Ground Zero." Hawks calls.

"What?" I bark without looking up.

"I don't think that's the real Uravity." He answers slowly.

"You think this is time for jokes? How dare you try to-" I lift my gaze. My brow furrows when I see that, what once was Ochako, is now a pile of grey goop.

"Huh?"

"Ah, so Twice has been here huh?" Touya says, finally rolling up to our location.

"Twice?" Hawks gulps.

"Do you know anyone else who makes slime clones?" The anti hero quips.

"heheh, very funny Mr. Ex convict. Listen, he and I aren't on very good terms soooooo....imma head out. Peace!" Throwing a finger gun in my direction, the winged hero takes off.

I'm still lying on the floor in confusion.

"What the freaking hell is going on?"

Touya crouches down at the repulsive puddle.

"It seems Twice made clone of Uravity as a disguise to slip through the neighborhood without suspicion. Makes sense, Himiko is a huge fan of your lady friend, naturally Jin would choose her to please that psychotic chick. I think someone else tried to stop them though."

I process his words.

"So that girl I body slammed...knew it was a hoax the whole time? She was tryna stop them?" I glance over my shoulder to see that my victim is missing. She must've limped off during my panic. Damn, I hope she's okay.

The black haired man nods his head in agreement.

"Yeah, that theory makes sense. The loser I was fighting was telekinetic. I think he was responsible for the the floating rubble. All the stuff dropped after I took him out."

"Is he still alive?" I ask with narrowed eyes.

"Details details."

Deciding to ignore that sketchy response, I peel myself off the pavement. Thank God that wasn't really Ochako. My heart is still beating a million miles an hour. That was the scariest thing I've ever experienced.

Despite my palpitating heart, some good has come out of this event though. I confirmed that I need to work things out with my hot little brunette. In my line of work, this kind of scenario is one hundred percent plausible. I need to be by her side so this scene doesn't occur ever again. Damn, she's too important for that.

"Hello, Ground Zero? Can you hear me?!"

My head jerks in the direction of the sound.

"I know that voice..."

Touya tilts his head, "You sure it's the real deal? Could be a trap."

"Katsuki, where are you?"

I shake my head.

"No, it's her for real, I can feel it."

Butterflies fill my stomach, though my feet remain planted where I stand.