Death's Little Village-1

So, back to this story again. It's been awhile huh. Two years I think, which to me went by way too fast and honestly it doesn't really feel all that long ago since my last update. I guess I'm weird like that sorry.

I haven't forgotten about this story I just... had nothing in the tank that I was satisfied with. Ideas came and gone but nothing really sticked and I just kind of decided to pull back until something does. You guys deserve something that isn't rushed and plain just so it can be updated and I know that two years is....a bit of a stretch but I believe it's worth it. But I am sorry though. Sucks when a story gets discontinued for a bit.

Anyway, enjoy.
___________
______
___

"Chief. It's time to get up"

Groaning into my pillow at being rudely waken up, I at first thought to ignored the voice in favor of trying to get more sleep in but sadly, I wasn't that privilege.

"Come on Chief, you need to wake up. You slept long enough and we need to get on the move. Everyone else is already packing and we both know how the captain is when time is delayed"

Once again groaning but even louder into my pillow, I was left with little choice but to force myself to wake up or face the annoyed glare of my fake sister in law Akari. Gods, why does she have to be one of those early riser. Worse, she's big on keeping things within a certain time schedule which came as a goddamn surprise for someone of her character. I just want a little bit more sleep, five or maybe twenty more minutes, hell, another hour would be nice.

Unfortunately, that sadly won't happen. Though weirdly enough, I strangely felt like I slept for two whole years if that makes sense.... huh, weird.

Pushing those strange thoughts away I turn my head lazily from my pillow to look up at the person who was tasked with waking me and saw that it was Oscar with his arms cross and staring down at me with his usual cocky smirk. If he's here then that means-

"Kyu!! Kuu!!"

"Hiss Hiss"

Sighing at the continued cries echoing in my tent, I slowly sat up from my pile of blankets and look towards a sight that was becoming the norm during most my mornings. Miu, and that weird creature Oscar calls Tomo was running around chasing each other in what I believe to be them playing. The reason I say that was because I wasn't all that sure. I think Tomo trying to eat Miu but....I also seen Miu's jaws locked around Tomo's neck...are they... are they trying to kill each other? Let's not think about that.

Looking away from that particular scene, I began stretching from my spot while also turning my attention back to Oscar who was also watching our respective partners going at it. If I didn't know any better I would say he enjoys watching those two... play fight? Killing each other? I don't know but it would explains why he always comes to wake me. That smirk of his doesn't do him any favors either.

"So everyone already awake. I guess it's no surprise that I'm the last to sleep in"

I brought his attention back to me as I fully stood from my bed to stand level with him. Both of us bare chested as I come to sleep with no shirt while he... just tend to not wear one. Nevertheless once I had his attention his usual smirking face stretched a bit more at my words before letting out a light chuckle.

"Yea, that's becoming common knowledge with the others. But don't worry about that chief, the rest of us are just used to getting up early. With a captain like ours you need to haha"

He laughs at his situation but for me, I could only feel pity. You poor soul. No one should be force to the devil known as mornings. I'll pray for you.