The Hidden Village

So here's the new chapter for this wonderful story. I'll admit it's been awhile with this one and I'm sorry for that. With every that's been going on in the world I had to make sure I was good, but anyway you don't want to hear about that. So here's the update, I was actually planning on not updating this chapter since not much happens on this one so I thought I'd just continue writing as many chapters as I could then update it all together but then that still time consuming and would only prolong it further.

I could write smaller chapters for faster updates but with how I write now it's hard getting out of the zone and finding a good place to stop. Plus I'm able to go into more detail and with a longer chapter the more I could fit in without it seeing a little....I don't know...unsatisfying I guess. Anyway here you go.

Kazuto>

Time seem to pass by as I continued doing my duties as village chief and like always it's as dull and tiresome as ever. Once Akari left to complete the preparations nothing really eventful happened after that as Seliora came in not too long after and the day just went on as normal. Honestly, I would kill for some type of entertainment to happen, heck I would even let Sue come in here just to see her accidentally knocked down a pile of paperwork just to see her get scolded by Seliora. Just seeing her cute sulking expression helps with the drowsiness or better yet when I pet her head to comfort her she lights up instantly, making my mood all the more better. But sadly that thought would have to pass for the one known as Seliora would never let it be.

But enough about my desk problems. It was nearing the appropriate time where preparations should be nearing completion and hopefully any minute now Akari would send word. I actually can't wait to get out of this village, I'm not saying I don't like it but I prefer being on the move. Staying at one place too long makes me a little restless and that's probably from my constant movements with Sakuya back in the Forgotten Forest or simply put, it's Sakuya mindset placed on me. Nevertheless I can't wait to get moving. Letting out a tired sigh I put down my pen after finishing the latest paperwork and stretch my arms high to get the satisfying pops out of my stiff muscles. Gosh that felt good, what I wouldn't do for a massage though.

Spinning my chair slightly I gaze out the window at the view of the village and couldn't help but let a small smile show from the beautiful sight before me.

"I gotta say, I can never get tired from seeing this"

I mumbled to myself, but not quite quietly enough as Seliora superior hearing picked up my words. She was currently taking a break from work, relaxing on one of the couches petting Miu who laid comfortably in her lap. After hearing my words Seliora giggles slightly and nod her head in agreement.

"It is quite the sight isn't it? For years the entirety of the village would be in view for each Chief to watch over and protect it. To remains strong and inspire those under him as their symbol of strength, dominance and power, to inflict fear into those who would do the village harm. But that goes both ways, as it is our duty for those under you to protect and punish those who would do you harm, For We Are A Pack, And You Are Our Alpha. We would die if need be Chief"

A fire was lit in her eyes as she finished with a warm smile directed towards me that...in a way touched me. Her words were filled with a powerful conviction that gave me chills and resonate something within me that should have been dead long ago...my trust. I want to believe in those words I really do but... I can't help but picture my classmates faces in my head. There's only a certain amount of trust I can give and that amount probably won't nearly be enough to rival Seliora's faith in me but I can at least say that as long as I'm chief, I would do all in my power to represent that title. Even if I don't expect it to be returned. Here's to seeing what's in store for me.