Death's Little Village-3

Kazuto>

The [Barren Holm]. A small Island that was surrounded by several bigger islands called the [Hilnan Islands] and laid in the middle of The [Waves of Kamrath], a sea that was known for its swirling rough waves and named after an angry sea goddess.

Legend spoke of the islands being one land once. A Kingdom that prospered under the sea goddess they worshiped and gave raise to powerful water magic practitioners and were renowned for their superior naval prowess. It was even said that the royal family of the kingdom were direct descendants of the goddess herself. That she would come forth out of the sea every one hundred years and take to bed the most beautiful, and most gifted of her royal descendants no matter their gender and give birth to a new, powerful life.

Can't say how I feel about that. I don't know if the action could be considered incest given the amount of time in between each bedding of her own blood but what do I know. I doubt a goddess would care.

Anyway, because of this the royal family was understandably the most powerful when it comes to water based abilities and their kingdom proved just why no other country could match them in the open sea. Their colossal navy notwithstanding. Sadly, despite their grandeur, tragedy struck.

A civil war broke out.

A secession, civil war.

The king at the time of the once great nation died due to a complicated illness and left behind no clear indication of who would be heir to the throne. You would think it would be the eldest son or daughter, however their secession work, but it seemed that wasn't the case. Apparently only those the most gifted of the goddess's descendants have any right to inherit the throne and from what I've been told, there were five children of the king that fit that criteria.

And unfortunately, they didn't seem all that keen on talking things out.

Three Princes and two Princesses. All inheriting at least one aspect of their mother's power.

The Goddess herself.

Yeah....you can guess how that civil war went.

Long story short, once the goddess took notice of all the death and destruction her children wrought in their senseless war, she became angry. So angry, that it was said that the very sea itself responded to her divine might and brought forth titanic waves and swirling whirlpools that decimated her children armies and the very kingdom itself.

Once it was all said and done there was barely any "Kingdom" left to remain. The land was in shambles. Broken apart becoming small Islands barely floating or sunk to the bottom of the sea. The armies that were wreaking havoc, the innocence that called the kingdom home, and the royal family that descended from the goddess, gone. All was ruined and nothing was spared.

Or at least....that's what's been said.

There were many tales regarding the last days of the once great kingdom.

Some say that there were survivors. That the Goddess spared those innocent and let the last of her line that played no part in the war to lead them in search of a new home.

Or,

The entirety of the kingdom was swallowed whole by the raging sea and sunk to the bottom of the ocean where as punishment, the great sea goddess curse the remaining of her children and those who followed them by turning them into monsters that reside in the now underwater kingdom. Force to stay for all eternity and guard their vast riches and treasures from those who wish to take it.