14.0

MONDAY

MONDAY. (We'll say it's Monday, assuming you're from Earth.) Juno stands outside the Secretary of Styx. He peers through one of the large windows flanking its doors then sighs at the dyspeptic crowd inside, relieved that he's not in it but depressed about literally everything else regarding his situation. Deep into the crowd, two antennae and a droopy tail, all with matching orbs, catch Juno's eyes. Before he can look away, twin pigtails swing around, revealing an irritated but pretty face with enormous eyes. It's Juby. Juno swears she sees him, but she doesn't react exceptionally, which he's thankful for.

The office's double doors open. Hal and their new guest step out. The guest has a stocky body with five eyes, six tails, seven nostrils, and eight arms. This is Kevin, previously known as "the spider-like alien". I suppose he is somewhat spider-like, that is, if your only idea of a spider is a creature with eight arms.

Juno smiles in awe as Kevin walks before him. "Wow, you have eight arms. That's so cool. You're kind of like a spider, haha."

Kevin stops. He turns to face Juno. "I lived on Earth. I'm aware that none of you humans like spiders."

"Oh. Sorry. I really did mean it, though, I think you're cool."

"And I think you're better off just showing me where my room is." Kevin walks down the hall, toward elevators.

Hal glares at Juno and follows the guest. Juno straightens himself then notices the conference room door. Countless, furious guests line up beside it. Its window rays an alluring light, pulling Juno. He lingers at the spot, where Oto's muffled yelling can be heard.

"Hey! No cutting!" A guest barks, several more behind her protest as well.

Juno apologizes and steps back to where he can still see through the window. He stares inside the room, wherein tons of hastily-filled files sprawl across the floor. At a narrow, monolithic table, Oto and Cheron sit across from Clark. Oto thrusts an interrogative finger at the former concierge, whose smile still remains, both on his face and in Juno's memory. Cheron rubs her eye, spotting Juno at the corner of it. He tenses.

The redhead ambles toward the window and mouths, "Are you lost?"

Juno shakes his head.

"Are you sure?"

Juno shakes his head.

Cheron puffs something like a giggle and smiles. Her eyes curve upward into two comforting crescents.

The silent exchange stops as Oto and Hal call their respective partners. It's only Monday and everyone is tired, but no one can sleep.

TUESDAY. Due to understaffing, Juno often aids the other branches of Hotel service. Today, he is helping Molly and Madame Muffinpie tidy the garden bordering the building. Unsurprisingly, not much grows here, and what can thrive threatens the nearby columns and awnings. The maids use their sickles to both prune and detain the voracious plants. The jagged teeth and splintering, tentacle-like roots twitch and burst as they hit the ground. Juno opts for clean-up duty.