Ch 18: Important Question

Comincia dall'inizio

"How is it you know about the Dragon Balls?"

"Well, we used to have another set on Earth." Krillin answers, surprising Guru.

"Impossible." He breathed.

Krillin then tell the story (he can't escape his fate of explaining backgrounds.) of how Kami landed on Earth after some great storm that was probably in the Namekain book I read but couldn't care to remember since I was there for fun facts not historical events. We learn from Guru that Kami is part of this Dragon family who can make the balls. Hence the name probably which is pretty lazy. However, when Krillin points out that Kami was killed by my brother which for the record if we go back to the beginning chapters Nappa killed even though Piccolo sacrificed himself for Gohan and I which lead to Kami's dead. Meaning it's mine and Gohan's fault for a double death and giving Piccolo caring feelings in the first place, so the blame should be on us and wow do I feel guilty now. Thanks self.

"This Saiyan must have been horrible, indeed. What an awful power." Guru said, adding onto the offense I felt for my brother because he's awful but there are worse people out there. "A Saiyan like that must have been a Super Saiyan to defeat a Namek like Kami." My entire body froze at this.

"A Super Saiyan? What's that?" Krillin asked, glancing my way to see if I knew since I was part Saiyan, but my body was stiff as a board. My mind was racing, I had always thought Super Saiyans were legends. Vegeta and I were told about them by our father long ago but there was never any proof that one actually existed since we had never one but I guess they are really if this old dust bag knows about them.

"You don't know? Then please come closer." Guru beckons us over, for one of us to stand on either side of him as he placed a hand on our head. "Now clear your minds so I can see your past."

'Shit.' I cursed internally, thinking this would blow my cover but instead nothing happened. 'I thought he was seeing our past not giving us details on someone else's.'

But he does with images of Kami splitting into 2 separate beings with Piccolo Sr. being the evil twin. Kami needed to be pure in order to be the guardian of the Earth. Which confuses me since I know he cheated in our chess game, and being a dirty cheat isn't very pure to me.

"You see since Kami was split into two so was his powers but if he was to combine the powers he wouldn't have been defeated."

"Uh really?" Krillin said, probably a bit irked that they might have avoid any causalities if Piccolo and Kami just morphed together.

"Yes, and now that I have seen your minds, I know that your hearts are pure, and your intentions are good."

"Even me?" I pointed to myself, blinking up at him in bewilderment.

"Your strength and kindness are never ending." He said, giving me a soft smile as if telling me he understood my situation. I sigh in relief as he turns to Krillin, "And your bravery and loyalty to your friends is undeniable." He reaches up to grab the Dragon Ball at the top of his throne and hands it to Krillin. "You two have proven yourselves to receive this Dragon Ball."

"Wow, thank you sir, you don't know what this means to me." Krillin beams.

"I only hope you still have time to make your wish." Guru coughs, causing the room to become a grim atmosphere.

"What do you mean?" Krillin and I shared a worried look.

"I'm afraid I only have a few days left to live." His cough began to worsen, speaking between breaths. "If your wish is to be fulfilled you must gather all 7 Dragon Bals before then. However, if this can't be done then the Dragon Balls will disappear along with me."

With this new information, Krillin's face twists in determination. "We promise to do our best and I'll promise to guard this Dragon Ball with my life. We gather all 7 and make our wish before Vegeta or Frieza can get to them."

"Thank you, young man and lady. You are doing a great service." Guru smiled.

"Of course, anything for my future billions great grandfather-in-law." I said in one go leaving me tired. "Woah that was a mouth full, but you'd know all about that right?"

"Serena!" Krillin scolds me.

"Oh that reminds me of my super important question." I ignore the tiny man, to do what really matters. "Did it hurt your throat vomiting all those eggs?"

"That was your important question!?" Krillin exclaims almost dropping the Dragon Ball in his hands.

"Well, yeah don't tell me you weren't curious too."

"I uh well." Krillin stutter, totally curious about the topic too.

"To answer your question no pain is ever truly felt when creating new life." He chuckles, causing my face to go deadpan not liking the bullshit answer he gave me. If one were to shit or vomit a fucking watermelon naturally that is fucking hurting. "It is brave of you to ask such a question I can sense the bravery along with the hidden strength in you both."

"Hidden strength?" Krillin repeat, which I too was curious about.

"Allow me to awaken it for you." Guru places a hand on Krillin's bald despite his polite protests that Guru had done enough for him until a serge of power shot through his entire body.

"See you had the power within you all along." Guru removes his hand and waves me over. "Come child and I will unlock yours as well."

"Sorry old timer I'm going to decline for everyone's sack." I said, confusing the others. "You saw into my past you must agree this hidden power should remain hiding. Plus, I'll just unlock it like most characters when something traumatic occurs in their story."

"Understandable."

"I can't believe it, who knew I had this much power." Krillin says in disbelief still on the upgrade.

"I certainly didn't." I comment.

He sends a glare my way before a smug smile worms itself onto his mouth. "You're just jealous that I can beat you now with my awesome new streng-Ow! Ow!"

"One more overconfident comment and I'll turn you into a happy Buddha." I threaten, releasing his stretched-out ear lobes to snap them back in place.

Getting pass the pain in his ears, Krillin looks up at the elderly. "Uh excuse me Mr. Guru could you release anyone's power?"

Guru can if that person has the power which I'm assuming he's asking for Gohan who has a bit too much energy like his dad. Thankfully, it doesn't wear out Guru's life, so as I thought Guru agreed to give Gohan a boost but Krillin was confused to where the Dragon Ball should be placed while retrieving the kid.

"I've entrusted you to which it's fate and the rest of the planet's is in your hands." Guru tells him.

"Such a big task to put on such tiny shoulders." I mock, making him roll his eyes at me.

"Serena, you stay here with Dende and we'll come back as soon as we can." He said, jetting off to Gohan, leaving me with the three Namekian in an awkward silence.

"So..wanna play paper-rock-scissors?"