27 | bleeding core

A look around the Cloud recesses, the smell of burning wood, which had extinguished and blood lingering in the air as fellow disciples clearing the mess.

Wei Wuxian dragged Xiao Zhan inside as well as the sect leaders followed him inside. There was no way, guest sects would return in an instance. So they went in, quietly.

They parted, as part of the Lan family necessary for the hospitality.

Jiang Cheng stayed there, watching in the vein where Wen Qing held, could forget that look in her eyes, hurt, pain in her expressions, beaten badly. Unconsciously, his wrist tightened in the fist and gripped solidly on the Sand.

In the dancing room, shrouded in blood and bloody bodies, Lan Wangji was playing the Wangji, for soul purification. His right leg was bending under the right thigh, in sitting position, broken, and keep swelling. His face registered no pain, at the height of stoicism. Wei Ying would be returning eventually...

And he did, walking through the pile of dead men's, deliberately and despaired.

As Wei Ying stopped in front of him, leaped on one knee, he examined his Lan Zhan thoroughly. Damn! Wen Xu!

"Are you okay? Is it hurt? Let me look! Let me carry you!"

Lan Wangji got that look of him, tender and caring, he missed that.

"Wei Ying-"

He cut off with the strong pair of arm, swung his own hand over his shoulder and other between the joint of legs, carefully, not intended to hurt him. 

Lan Wangji was astonished. His ears tinted red.

Cough! Cough!

The Lan disciple interrupted, bowed, and blushing, don't know where to look.

Wei Ying spun on the spots with embarrassed Lan Zhan in his arms,  just buried his face into the chest of Wei Ying like a kitty while drinking the milk with closed eyes and thinks nobody watching.

" Zewu-Jun asked for you, he is waiting for you in the Jingshi with physicians."

"Tell him, we will see him shortly."

Wei Ying replied to him, the disciple acknowledged and excused himself as he should be.

+++

Qishan Palace...

The wen soldiers dragged the captives to the grand and high throne in the royal court hall, engraved with Phoenix and Dragon as they held, limping in their arms, because of the sedatives insertion, running through their blood and taking over their body, calming them entirely.

Two guards dragged Yibo towards where the emperor was sat, dreaded, held him by shoulders, and arms twisted behind him, leaning as Wen Rouhan held his chin, examining his face. He reminded him of Lan Wangji but a passive one.

"Who is he?"

Meng Yao was standing beside him, fingers crossing on above on his belly.

"He is, Huawang, birth name Yibo, found by the Yiling Patriarchs soldiers in the camp, closer Wuxian, other things are unknown, about past, and fond by the Lan family, he is like second Hanguang-Jun to them and also the Lan Qingshan, who was a partner of the second jade in dance...fancies him."

"...hmm, he is really something, don't kill him now. now, Wen Zhuliu! fracture his golden core!"

The tray of a bowl filled up with bitter medicine cracked upon the ground and scurried around. Thud!

"Uncle! Uncle!" She leaped to the emperor's feet. "...please, don't do this...he won't survive! Have mercy!" Her tears fell on the black high boots of Wen Rouhan.

"Of course not, we have a great physician around the world. If he dies in the process, you must bring him back from death, if you don't want to lose your brother."

"Please...no, I can't, I'm not, " she begged.

Wen Rouhan shrugged her plead and kicked her off his feet, she flung on the side, sobbing mess. "Zhuliu! Now!"

Yibo, half-lidded, saw the blurry ground and obscure yelling. the intense pain sobered him up, his lashes fluttered immensely. That feeling when a hand penetrating through the back and gripping the bottom of the spine was indescribable, melting the core with touch, cultivated through ages in second.

The blood trails oozing from his mouth, hitting the ground beneath him. gradually the weakness drifted him to slumber.

The handsome face of Xiao Zhan was smiling towards him was priceless...flashed for one last time of his memories.

"Where is the shard of Yin iron, You excused from during the gathering? A-Yao!"