4 | Cold

(The image at header was the ring Yibo give to Lan Wangji.)

Wang Yibo snaked his hand into the pocket inner side of the hood and fished out a ring and presented it on his palm.

"Hanguang Jun, This ring will prevent the ghouls from ripping your soul apart. Don't take it off or, Just don't take it off."

Wangji took it and put it on his thumb. Xiao Zhan could see but, Wang Yibo could not. He mumbled, " Thank you."

Yibo grinned.

"... It's time, " Xiao Zhan informed.

"For what?" Yibo asked.

"Tea house will be open, nothing is better than a morning tea of Jian's Tea House."

"Mn, "Lan Wangji headed first since he knew the name of the destination.

Zhan about to drag Yibo along with him, their physical interaction sends current in his veins.

"So Cold?" He asked. He rubbed his palms on his red sweater.

"It's usual," Yibo explained.

But Zhan invaded his privacy and zipped up his jacket.

Yibo didn't back off.

Zhan didn't flinch again when he took his hands by the wrist and rubbed together. "Do it like this, it will be warm."

"Mn. Warm," Yibo spoke, still poker face.

Zhan satisfied and gave a smile. thinking in their family was forbidden for a talk or something.

There Lan Wangji sat waiting for them and What he saw, was remind him of someone.

He fell in love with Wei Wuxian, It was bad circumstances, The flames of brunt down Gusu was touching the clouds. he was on red wedding robes running for his dignity, Along with leader Wei Wuxian, Wen armies were chasing him for hunting him down. He stumbled upon stone but didn't stop until it was the edge of Waterfalls. It was harder to run in water than he thought. At last, he stopped to turn and look out for chasers.

Wei Wuxian was meters away from, he thought they were friends but the truth was they were not, Wei Wuxian, his first, best, and closest friend sold him to Emperor Wen.

Betrayal and Guilt eating him, he decided to jump down and end his life, maybe next life...

He opened his eyes found Wei Wuxian hold his hand for dear life.

Before he could say, Wei Wuxian said honestly," Lan Zhan, trust me, I... I will save you, I swear, to Heaven, Earth, and my loved one who is you, I will never let anyone touch you the even single strand of your hair. You deserve an explanation. Trust me once..."

A single tear left from the left eye of Lan Wangji who was looking up at him.

They were drenched in water. Their hands were slippery.

"I trusted you, Wei Ying..."

Lan Zhan let him pulled up. He tugged on his one side of his hands. Closer than ever. Wen team thought Master Wei was doing for the emperor and they followed them behind.

Lan Wangji had no regret till now.

He let tears fell. He missed his Wei Ying.

Wang Yibo was tugged on Xiao Zhan's side and sat at the same table as Wangji.

If Xiao Zhan wanted to be a partner of Wang Yibo, guessed, he had to get used to the cold-natured and cold atmosphere. He whispered, "Hanguang-Jun was watching them."

"Shameless," Lan Wangji muttered under his breath.

Yibo tugged off immediately in embarrassment. What would Lan Wangji think about him?

The tea house owner came and greeted them morning, "Zhan Zhan! Long time no see, and who is this gentleman with you?" He meant to Yibo.

"Whether it is colder and I missed brother Jian's tea and this is my..." He was about to speak families little baby, " friend. A friend!" He exclaimed.

"Zhan Zhan's friend does not look like from here, where are you from-"

"Wang Yibo"

"Oh! A-bo. Is that fine?"

"Mn. From Luoyang."

"I see. I know it's usual for Zhan Zhan, what for you?"

"What Xiao Zhan likes I want the same and with the extra cup."

Uncle Jian was looked puzzled but he compiled.

"Can Hanguang-Jun drink?" Zhan asked. He asked squeezing Wang Yibo's hand underneath the coffee table.

"Eat too as long as he wore the ring, " Yibo replied.

They were smiling at each other like lovesick puppies.

Their tea became cold.

Lan Wangji finished his cup of hot green tea. He liked that and emptied the kettle in silence whilst gaze downcast.

"Stop looking at me," Yibo said, without averting his eyes.

"Shush! I can't have enough of you, " Zhan said, smiling maniacally,"I'm seeing the light that keeps me warm."

Lan Wangji understood being the third wheel felt like, he felt for his brother, Wangyin, Zixuan was being dragged on their various dates.

They grasped the Lan Wangji's ears turned pink.

Lan WangJi remembered his past, he done with Wei Ying, he left the tea house without thinking twice.

Xiao Zhan followed. Yibo left money on the table and chased him out.