22 | My desired happiness

For the next three weeks, Wei Wuxian could have found in Jingshi very frequently. He woke up while seeing the beautiful face of his partner with no offense. quickly kissing in the morning.

Hand standing together on naked upper bodies. Meditating together, he often oscillates to sleep on his Wangji's stiff shoulders. Bathing together in the tub. Washing own cloths on the Riverside. Even Wangji helped him to accomplish his punishment by copying rules in the library. Eating together in the banquet that was whole another story the food was bland. He couldn't coup up with that. But Wangji could offer him chili flakes made it better. When nobody was looking he could snatch the kisses from Wangji. It was making a jade blush too. In every aspect, his mind, soul, and body were occupied with Wangji, Wangji, and only Wangji.

They were not alone whose love was blossoming like a cherry blossom of spring. Three more couples were blooming rapidly ahead of them.

Jiang Cheng had fishing Wen Qing with the lavish gifts, meeting behind the hills after classes, spends time together whenever they could.

Jin Zixuan was an absolute idiot, but he kept his peacock nature aside and confessed his love with the nerves and ran away, leaving behind devasted Jiang Yanli with killing smile. He was an idiot because he never asked to reply to his confession. That dumb fellow.

Yibo got habitual of sore back afterward. Zhan never left a moment to treasure the prime time, wrecking him mentally and physically. They were getting better and better with breathing control after that they were eligible for attending the lectures along with all.

After classes, mostly in the evening everybody even singles gathered on the veranda of Jiang Yanli's sacred quarters showed their different talents of arts or play games, share memories while tasting delicious dinner made by her and jokes around till curfew before bed.

The lantern festival was on the head...

It's a usual day, the shading of cloud recesses got thicker on the ground, the ground got heated because of intense Sunlight.

With the head of Lan Family, Lan family members presented across the meeting room, nonetheless, Qingheng-Jun was the one to summoning everyone including the crown prince of the Wen Empire.

Now, Wangji and Wuxian were kneeling behind his back across the table and some uninvited guests mainly Jiang Wanyin and Nie Huaisang were peeping through the crook of the window, silently.

"Do you have any idea, why do I call you?" Qingheng-Jun broke the silence. His back was facing everyone, yet his face was unreadable. "I heard whispers echoing in cloud recesses lately, famous ones, louder."

Wangji's Adams apples bobbed up and down, he looked his elder brother for help. Zewu-Jun shook his head, he didn't have any slightest idea why were they here for. Twin jade's eyes moved on a peerless uncle who was attentively listening to his elder brother. It's hard to something getting from grumpy Lan Qiren so they shrugged. There came Lan Qingshan right in the sight of them.

Xiao Zhan simply raised his empty hands in the air as if surrendering, he didn't do anything.

The dread coursed through the veins of Wangji. What if... How would his father react about something going on between Wei Ying and him?

Wei Ying was playing with strands flowing in front of Wangji and he was curling fingers in them, Wangji was holding his guarded wrist and trying hard to keep them off from him, smiling in between.

Lan Qiren was feeling weak and nauseated. His pure nephews were corrupted by the Wen's.

Nephews. He knew. Yes. Lan Xichen met that hoodlum Meng Yao behind everyone's back and nobody knew. There were no ashes without the fire. No rumors without the truth.

"Wangji, I heard about you taking a liking in the young master Wei and young master Wei does the same, is that true?" He spun around to look over them.

Wangji held the breaths, on the other hand, Wuxian was ready to face the music, straight back, and stoic face.

"Yes!" Both said in unison to everyone's surprise.

Wei Wuxian said in a pleading tone, interlocking with Wangji's fingers, it caught the elder's eyes, " Lan Zhan's father, I really love Wangji, from the day I saw him, I wish him to be mine, I would be his and I can't live without him it was the truth." His eye contained longing and words contained sincerity, looking at deep into golden eyes from distracting the pain in the shaky knees was a different story, another one.

Wangji's eyes couldn't live him, how much he feared his father that much he loves Wei Ying. He said, " Without Wuxian, there is no meaning of Wangji. Like a Guqin without strings. Gusu Mountains without clouds and Moon without pride. There is no tale of love when there is no presence of Wei Ying..."

Lan Zhan gave his tiny smile to Wei Ying in return. If they had parted today, he would have no regrets. The moments they spend with each other would be enough to live with those memories. Time never stops for anyone and destiny would shift, the event would take place on another.

"You got Wangji stands and speaks up for you in sentences..." Qingheng-Jun caressed the beard. He thought of words with Yibo. Not single bad word coming out of his mouth, overall he couldn't stop praising the son of Wen Rouhan and undeniable love in Jiang sibling's eyes was also the proof. Wherever he had gone he left a deep remark. Of course, He wouldn't say it out loud. "I felt the sincerity in your words and love in your eyes for my Wangji. If you try to harm son, I will take him back!"

"If you both ready to the courtship, I will personally send the letter to the emperor Wen and invites him for small talk, " he lastly said.

Wangji's eyes shining with tears. He couldn't believe his father approved their relationship if his mother was alive..."Father, Thank you..." He bowed in happiness. His father patted twice on his head lovingly. "But... We need time to think about courtship."

How could Wei Wuxian forget his mission?