Her Wrist >> Minho X Reader

Title: Her Wrist

Paring: Minho X Reader

Warnings: none

Spoilers: none

-------------------------------------

She's the last one. Ever.

That piece of paper that Therese brought up in The Box with her didn't make sense at all to any of the gladers.

But what was stranger to them all was when after the dark haired girl who had cried Thomas! and promptly fell comatose had followed with another siren, and The Box had risen with empty supply boxes and a passed out girl with (h/c) hair fanned out like a flags only a day after.

"It's...another girl," Newt had frowned. "But I thought -,"

"Whatever the reason, we seem to have another girl," Alby spoke up.

"Uh, Alby?" Little Chuck cleared his voice, "Is - is she dead though? Don't you...aren'tcha supposed to you know...breathe when you're asleep?"

Minho didn't know what led him to be standing by The Box that day. He had a maze to run, to map. But anyways, with Thomas doing the rounds well enough by himself, it should be good enough. He still hadn't told the gladers of the never ending repeat of the pattern. He couldn't bring himself to even tell Alby and Newt.

"Why would they send up a dead girl?" Thomas blurted out.

He watched as a pair of medjacks go down to The Box, and give a shout. "She's not - she's alive!"

At once she was brought up, and Alby had instructed him to help take her to the medjack's hut - "if you're not in the maze today, make yourself useful Minho" - and for once, Minho's usual playful humour had seemingly disappeared. Once the medjacks had laid the girl down in one of the cribs and assessed the health of her - "she's fine, just in a coma like Therese was" - Minho found himself sitting by the side of the bed, regarding the new girl.

What was stranger to Minho though, was the blue biro scrawled on her wrist, the words ________. _______? What kind of word was _______, Minho thought. Was it a name of someone, or a place? A drink?

The day seemed to go on without much change from the girl - Minho called her _______ in his head to make it easier; the term 'Greenbean' almost didn't suit her - and when Clint and Jeff came back to assess her at midday and later that evening, they were surprised to see him still there.

"I thought you'd be gone by now," Clint shared his thoughts as he checked ______'s vitals. "You know, as Keeper of the Runners and all."

Minho shrugged. "I don't know, it's strange. I - I think I know her or something," he confessed.

Jeff, who overheard it, added, "Yeah, shucking strange that is." The medjack frowned, and pointed to the pen on her arm, "What's _______ mean? Has that been on her all this time?"

Minho nodded. "I think it's her name or something. Wonder if she wrote it down to remember it or something...I don't know....do you think she'll wake up soon?"

Clint nodded, standings back to see ______ in the bed, still and silent. "Soon," he agreed. "She's slightly better than she was this morning. Do you think you could tell Alby that when it's dinner? He asked for an update."

Minho sighed. "Dinner? What makes you think I'm going to dinner?"

Jeff snorted. "You've missed every other meal, Minho; you've got to eat."

Stiffly, Minho rose from the chair. "Fine, I'll eat, but if I'm not here - and something happens -,"

Clint rolled his eyes. "What, she now your girlfriend or something?"

He didn't know how to answer that, so Minho just shrugged. "You guys coming for dinner too or -,"

"Just go!" The medjacks shouted in unison, laughing.

---------------------------------------------

Dinner was only another meal for the Gladers; since _______ was comatose, there was no bonfire, which brought a sense of unrest to the boys and Therese. Though Chuck kept the mood light with his cutsey jokes, Minho didn't know what to do except laugh half-heartedly along with everyone else.

The night was going splendidly, until he heard a shout from outside, and turned to see the medjacks Clint and Jeff with a wild look in their eyes.

"Minho," Jeff managed to speak.

He rose from his seat.

"It's _______," Clint added, "She's awake. And she said -,"

"She said your name, Minho."