Dwarf and the Human >> Kili X Reader

Title: Dwarf and the Human

Paring: Kili X Reader

Warnings: none

Spoilers: watch The Hobbit. Now.

--------------------------------------

Gandalf was a strange wizard. It seemed that the pair of you had known each other for your entire life, practically was a father to you - which was odd in Bree, as he came and went more than any parent would, without saying he was a powerful wizard - but when he had told you to come to the Prancing Pony from the hovel you had grown up in at a late hour, you felt it wasn't just a strange command; it was the start of something strange.

When you had gotten there, however, you found your wizard deep in conversation with a small, frowning man with a thicker and blacker beard than Gandalf's greying one would ever accomplish again.

Dwarf, you realised. He was a dwarf.

"And on the quest, Thorin..." you overheard through the tavern chatter, "you must bring one more other than the hobbit I have chosen and your band of dwarves."

The dwarf chuckled at the unspoken requirements. "Who, then?"

All it took was a mere gesture, a flick of the hand and suddenly you felt the eyes of the moody dwarf on you. You, the human girl who quiet possibly looked like a wreck seeing as the weather outside had done more harm than anything to your appearance. You guessed you looked positively mad. Slowly you walked to their table.

"Fine." the dwarf agreed to the conditions. "But I'm not taking care of her."

You cleared your throat. "I can take care of myself, thank you." you smiled sweetly. "I don't need help."

The dwarf rolled his eyes humourlessly. "Thror's beard, you'll need it. And you'll have Filli and Killi. Are we done?" He gazed to Gandalf.

"I believe so," he nodded to you. "And good luck, ______. I'll see you at the hobbit's hole."

---------------------------------------------------

The travel with Thorin to Hobbiton had inspired more seconds glances than ever in your life, but travelling with a dwarf as a companion might have been the reason. Slowly but surely, the way to The Shire was made, and you saw yourself standing - well, sort of kneeling, to get a good view without bending your back - in front of a round door to an under the hill house. The door was open by a smaller man than the dwarf you had travelled with, his hair more youthful and wild and face as shocked and puzzled than any face you'd seen before.

"Where are my nephew's?" Thorin boomed, and from the melee of the clatter and clashing of inside the hobbit hole - at that moment you pitied the little hobbit - came two dwarves with smiles on their faces.

"Uncle Thorin!" The darker haired dwarf bounded forward to give Thorin a clap on the back and a hug. "Who's this?" He asked, noticing you.

"Kili, this is _______. The wizard told me to bring her. You and your brother are to look out for her."

A smile crossed Kili's face. "And look out we will."

You blushed. "Thank you."

You wanted to hide your head in your hands from all the attention and get a grasp on the fact you were in Hobbiton in The Shire and away from all you knew and supposed to go on a quest to... come to think of it, you hadn't overheard that bit but before you could sink your face into your palms they were taken by the brother dwarves, Kili and Fili and ducking not to hit your head, you continued inside to what seemed like a feast.