The Sticky Note Situation >> Bucky Barnes (Winter Soldier) X Pregnant!Reader

Title: The Sticky Note Situation

Paring: Bucky Barnes (Winter Soldier) X Pregnant!Reader

Warnings: early pregnancy, angsty fluff

Spoilers: none

______________________________

Positive, you had read from the little stick you'd peed on minutes earlier. You were certainly not positive how to break it to your boyfriend, the one and only Bucky Barnes. You'd talked once or twice about what the future of your relationship, but Bucky had made it clear that because of his past, he stuck clear away from commitment past the domestic partnership with you in the Stark Tower.

And now, glancing to the pee-stick, the pair of you hadn't been as careful as you thought you were and there was a baby coming. How could you break it to him? Would he want it gone?

Feeling dizzy, you leant against the bathroom sink for support, looking at your reflection. The girl in the mirror staring right back at you had no idea what she was doing, just the same as you.

"_______? _______!" You blinked. That was Jane's voice. "I've been looking for you all day - you promised you'd come shopping with me for Darcy's replacement iPod...I hope to Thor's dad you are in this bathroom, so help me -,"

The door rattled as she tried to open it.

"Jane?" You echoed.

"______, what are you doing in here? I asked J. A. R. V. I. S. where you were but he said he hadn't heard from you for half an hour," Jane spoke through the door. "Are you sick? Should I go grab a doctor, we can go shopping another time -," Slowly, you turned and unlocked the door. She must have seen the hollow look behind wet eyes and tear-stained cheeks and at once changed her tone, "______! You can tell me anything, oh, should I get Pepper? She's good for breakups. Or Nat. She's good at breaking up exes."

You sniffed your tears at the thought of a fight between Natasha and Bucky and who would win, but remembering Jane was clueless as to the positive pregnancy test that made you so overcome with emotions, you spoke up, "I'm not sick, and I'm fine to come out shopping too. And Bucky and I are fine, I think, but...can you promise not to tell anyone?"

Jane at this point had led you from the bathroom to your room to sit on the bed. "Of course! ______, I'm practically the older sister you never had, you can tell me anything. You name the offence and know, it will be zipped under the lip."

"Well..." You bit your tongue, unsure of where to start. "You know how Bucky said he didn't want kids?"

Jane's eyes widened.

You nodded. "And I don know how to break it to him. I can almost see it; he's going to break down and tell me the old him, the assassin can't have family, or be want it gone immediately. And I can't - I," you sobbed. "I don't know what to do, Jane," you turned to her, crying again, this time saturating her Star Wars t-shirt.

"Hmmm," she hummed, stroking your hair. "I know what we can do to start off with. We throw away that test you took, and you have a nice shower. We'll go shopping, and bring all the girls...and think about what action plan to take then. Sound good?"

You nodded, wiping your eyes, drawing away from her shoulder.

"Yeah," you managed to smile. "What would I do without you, Jane?"

She lifted your chin. "The same thing, and you know it."

--------------------------------------------------