Happy New Year >> Logan Howlett (Wolverine) X Reader

Title: Happy New Year

Paring: Logan Howlett (Wolverine) X Reader

Warnings: none

Spoilers: none

-----------------------------------

You were holed up in a crappy hotel room eating sucky, sticky day-old fried rice and listening to the final countdown playlist the radio had concocted from the awful hits of the previous year. But one thing that wasn't absolutely horrible and had defiantly passed the legal health regulations - you swore something was moving in the closet - was Logan, your boyfriend.

Since a big showdown with Magneto a week previous the pair of you, both teachers at Xavier's school, decided to just make it back there slowly to heal over -even your advanced strength needed a holiday - rather than launch back into teaching and getting the repetitive questions about health and such.

A great plan, yes, but since the pair of you had forgotten the time of year, there was no way to have a peaceful couple of days.

Because...it was New Year's Eve.

And at the moment, five minutes away from it being the next year, you were still waiting for Logan to return from his late-night errand - heck, you hoped it didn't include another fight with anyone, be it his brother Sabertooth or Juggernaught.

How long could it take to do anything Logan-ish?

The people on the TV seemed to be having the time of their lives, partying away until the - two minutes now - new year and you at the same time sat with knees tucked up to your chest in anticipation.

Not too soon after that, you heard the door creak open, slowly, like what most of the villains in horror movies would do to scare their prey. So, logically, you slowly leapt up to the door as the chanting toward midnight began in the background on the old television.

Three.

You formed your hands into fists, your mutation turning them into the consistency of rock.

Two.

You raised them up, and flinging the door back, smacked a fist blindly into what felt like a jaw.

One!

"Jeez, _____!" You heard a familiar growly voice yelp, followed by a string of colourful cuss words.

You gasped. "Logan! I'm so sorry!"

Your partner in battle and boyfriend came into the almost too-dim LED light of the hotel room, a visible bruise already coming out on his face.

Then he began to laugh.

"What?" You frowned, unsure, but joined in with his laughter. "What's so funny?"

"Well," he drawled, "You can tell everyone at the school that you knocked me into next year."

You began to giggle. Then you laughed until you couldn't stand up straight. Through the tears of happiness, you stood up on tiptoes to kiss Logan on his lips, cradling the now-sore part of his face with your hand.

"Happy New Year, Logan," you whispered against his day-old stubble. "I'm sorry about your face."

He smiled, "Happy New Year, ______," and bent in for another kiss. As you broke apart to breath, hearing the hubbub on the TV behind the pair of you, he added, "And don't worry about my face. I should've known by now you don't like surprises."

You laughed. "You're a nice surprise anyways, Logan."