Summer Wedding >> Headmaster!Mycroft X KindergartenTeacher!Reader

Title: Summer Wedding

Paring: Headmaster!Mycroft X KindergartenTeacher!Reader

Sequel: yes, to "Purple Crayon"

Warnings: here be fluffy stuff

Spoilers: none this is an alternate universe *peace signs*

--------------------------------------

It was a long time after the last school bell of the day and you walked through the student-planted gardens carefully, plucking out the weeds from between the parsley and petunias to deposit later. Another year had passed, and throughout the time in between, you were proud to say that you had come out of the shell of being a kindergarten teacher in the hubbub of the other staff.

Since the year previous where Headmaster - Mycroft, you mentally corrected yourself - Holmes had dropped by to assess the work of the children, you felt more included in the workplace. But more than that - in your previously non-existent social life.

He'd come by the room after school with a small bunch of your favourite flowers, or if you weren't in the room, leaving a note with a friendly greeting. Apart from his tight-lipped nature and the fact he held himself as if superior to the rest of humankind, you knew Mycroft to be a heartwarming human being.

"You must be the one and only _______." An unknown voice from an unknown man intoned behind you.

"It's a common name," you retorted, "So I'm surely not the only one."

The unknown voice laughed deeply. With your back turned, you thought suddenly that they sounded familiar somehow.

"He did good, hiding you from me. A whole year, very good. I supposed it's a summer wedding?"

You whirled around to see the accuser, a tall dark haired man with an impeccable suit and piercing eyes. "Excuse me, but what on Earth are you talking about?" Your voice went high as you near-silently screeched, "I'm not sure - are you here to visit someone, if not, I'll have you escorted off the grounds."

The man laughed at you, "I'm visiting my brother; he's one from your staff, Miss ______. Does a Mr Holmes ring a bell?"

You paused. And in that same pause, you remembered. Over tea at a little-lunch once, Mycroft had hinted he had siblings, had gave you names and occupation. "He told me about you, you're Sherlock Holmes -,"

"And he also told you that his brother would do anything to blackmail, even use people close to him," you turned to see Mycroft, wearing his suit. Suddenly you felt underdressed, in your colourful knee-length sundress. "_______, I'm sorry you had to meet him like this."

Sherlock laughed. "No, you're sorry she had to meet me at all."

Mycroft gave an icy glare, and you raised your hands as if to keep the brothers from a physical scuffle. The weeds you held trickled the dirt from their roots, and both boys stood alway from the weeds for fear of dirtying their garb.

You were about to say something else to quell the qualm, but Sherlock spoke up.

"You're not in a relationship with her," he said as if it was the biggest revelation he'd had in a lifetime. "I don't suppose you've ever really been in -,"

"Sherlock do be quiet," Mycroft snapped.

You smiled, turning to Mycroft, "I - I didn't know you liked-liked me," you told the headmaster, "I mean, I wasn't going to say anything unless you gave a sign -,"

"Your deduction is off, brother, you could have made a move all this time -," Sherlock sassed.

"Could've, yes - right now..."

And you on tip-toes leaned in, dropping the weeds you held, were kissed by and kissed Mycroft Holmes, the headmaster. And it was good.