Survive? >> Newt X Reader

Title: Survive?

Paring: Newt X Reader

Warnings: just the end of the world as The Maze Runner knows it

Spoilers: yes please read the book/watch the movie first

--------------------------------------------

It had been a peaceful day. The sun has risen. Frypan had made eggs, and you and your boyfriend Newt, Alby's second in charge had worked together in the orchard - you with a backhoe, and he with a basket of seeds.

It had been a calm day. A perfect day.

After gardening, Newt had to follow Alby around, and suggested you to go have a lie down in the hammocks. Tiredly, you accepted. Being on backhoe for the first time was exhausting.

You dreamed silent dreams of yourself and Newt in a paradise - one not surrounded by masses of boys, one not stuck in a maze filled with horrifying creatures within.

"The maze hasn't shut!" A boy's shout echoed in the Glade.

From your dreams you jolted awake, wondering if what you had heard wasn't real or not. Slowly looking around the homestead - the sky had turned grey outside, how long had you slept? - a chill ran down your spine, and fear fed your stomach to turmoil. Ever since you had appeared in The Box with your memory missing into a world of boys, this had been your worst night horror that would haunt your earlier dreamed dreams.

Shakily, you climbed from your hammock, and joined the melee of fearful boys, and a stunned, speechless Therese.

"Newt?" You called, standing on tiptoe, hoping your boyfriend would hear you over the hubbub. "Newt!"

But before you could hear his reply - Newt would always hear you, you heard an outraged roar from Gally, "This is all the Greenie's fault! He -,"

With a sudden burst of bravery that wouldn't come usually, you raised your voice, "Quit it, Gally, the maze is left open! We have to work with it whats going on, not lay blame!"

The scarily eyebrowed boy gave you a piercing glare, gravitating toward you in the crowd of frightened boys, "If you weren't Newt's girl, ______ -," he jabbed his finger toward your chest, almost touching you when you heard,

"Gally, let _______ alone," you heard Alby's deep voice frown.

"________! There you are!"

Turning, you saw Newt pushing through the mass of Gladers with Minho tailing behind him. At the same moment, a click whirl of a Griever and an unearthly wail fill the Glade and you felt that bravery of that moment disappear.

"Newt!" You cried out, rushing to him, ignoring the grunt from Minho about the unappreciated PDA, "I'm scared," you whispered into his neck, trying your best not to shake.

"No, it's okay, ______, we can get through this." He kissed under your ear, hugging you fiercely, "You and I have been here for ages, we can -," Newt's voice waved, his body stiffening.

Survive?

"Newt?" You tried to withdraw from his embrace, but his arms kept you close to his heart. "Is something there?"

He gave a shaky laugh, "Yeah, there is. Just come with me...we'll live through this."

Taking a deep breath, you nodded. "I believe you."

Another terrifying screech filled the air, but determined by Newt's word's, you did your best not to be afraid. Even if the end was upon everyone.