The Wager >> AOU!Pietro Maximoff (Quicksilver) X Reader

Title: The Wager

Paring: AOU!Pietro Maximoff (Quicksilver) X Reader

Warnings: none

Spoilers: yes - watch Age of Ultron xx

______________________________

"I'm trying to read," you protested.

"Trying, you said?" He wondered, slowing down to sit on the coffee table in front of the couch.

Pietro had been speeding around all day in Stark Tower, driving not only you but everyone he encountered mad. It had been only a few days since he'd been told he could run again on his full speed since he'd been patched up after the Ultron incident, and you wondered how Wanda had managed to put up with him without erupting into a fit of anger at his constant state of movement.

"Mm hmm," you hummed.

"Yes, you are trying. Because I'm so distractingly beautiful that you can hardly keep your eyes on the pages," he grinned.

That's one way to put it.

--------------------------------------------------

"What's this with Speedy and _______? Is that flirting I see before me?" Tony frowned, looking at the scene from the bar, putting a hand dramatically into his ARC reactor in shock. "Why is nobody speaking about this? J. A. R. V. I. S., why is nobody speaking about this?"

"I do not know, sir," the AI responded honestly.

"What is this 'flirting' you speak of, Stark?" Thor mused. From the barstool at the far end Tony heard a chuckle - it was Clint, slowly sipping a martini with a few too many olives to be acceptable, sporting a bruise under his eye from whatever new spy escapade he'd just returned from. "Clinton, do you know? What is flirting?"

Tony rolled his eyes, but didn't yet interrupt. He wanted to hear how Clint explained it to the Asgardian prince.

"It's uh," Clint sat straighter, "Flirting is when you find someone attractive, and hint that you like 'em. Instead of saying they're sorta hot straight up, you say -,"

He was cut off by Tony, who spun around to Thor and in his best Joey Tribbiani accent, and chuckled to Thor, "Hey. How you doin'?"

Thor tilted his head slightly, "I am okay," he responded, and looking to Clint, asked, "Is that flirting? If so, it is not very good."

"Hey, hey, hey," Tony intoned, "We're getting off the subject here, guys," The billionaire playboy shook his head, and glanced to the young ______ and the other Maximoff twin, "Money says ______ and Pietro get together by the end of the day."

Clint rolled his eyes, "You've got all the money in the world..." he pouted, and setting his martini down and fished into his pocket to prove his point, "...and I have a dollar and fifty-five cents."

"It is only nine o'clock, there is plenty of time for the young ones to fall into love," Thor thumped Tony in the back. "I agree to your wager."

Natasha, from the end of the bar, raised her eyebrows.

--------------------------------------------------

"What's your book about, then?" Pietro crossed his legs under himself. Slightly amused he was able to keep still long enough to do so, you turned the page and continued on. It was a really good book. "Fangirl?" He read the cover, mouthing the author's name, "Is that a psydonym, or does the author really have the name 'Rainbow'?"