Let It Snow Let it NO >> Loki X Stubborn!Reader

Title: Let it Snow Let it NO

Paring: Loki X Stubborn!Reader

Warnings: none

Spoilers: none

------------------------------------

You used to love snow days.

Whenever they came, you knew several things at once; that place they had a nerve to call a school had been cancelled for the day leaving you to play around in the white mass of cold and - at the top - fluffy snow with your dad in the warmest clothes you owned as a naive seven year old; mittens, the little knitted bobble hat beanie with your hair poking out from the sides, a scarf that went for miles and miles and big boots for the snow. They also meant the time of year: the sweltering tank-top season of May had long passed, and the orange and black sugar rush of October's last day dedicated to scariness and such had flown by leaving one celebration that, as a seven year old, you thought to be the best of them all: Christmas.

And now, years later, sitting curled up on the couch in a quilt like a small hibernating animal, it was yet another snow day. But since one years ago - where there was an accident - you haven't been back to play in the white mush. Eyes away from the TV screen as blank as your expression and the window adjacent to the electronic device which had heavy, dark green curtains smothering out the sight of the snow and frost outside.

Speaking of frost...

"________?" You hear a familiar voice almost sings from the front of the house, the rumble and jingle of keys from the front door. Loki was back. Suddenly you feel the hot breath of his on the back of your neck, and hear him speak again, "Something is wrong, isn't it?"

You nodded slowly, and turned your face to take in the image of the trickster god, the long black hair, the sparkling eyes and curious smile playing across the now-somber lips as he tried to figure you out.

Before you could speak, he interjected, "I know what will cheer you up, ________," he kissed your temple and came around to sit with you on the couch, "Let's go play in the snow."

You shook your head. "No, no thank you, Loki, but I don't like the snow."

The look on Loki's face was priceless, and if you hadn't been so distraught by the coldness of the year outside, you would have taken a photo on your phone and laughed out loud. But no avail.

"You're dating a Frost Giant," he frowned, "And you don't like the snow? Come on, ________, tell me why."

At that you cracked a teeny tiny smile.

"I don't really like the snow since this one time when I was a kid..." you began your tale about the disastrous day years ago where you had been playing too long in the snow and passed out in the cold and was forgotten for hours and hours in the white mush and became really sick from the near hypothermia that led to pneumonia and how you almost died that year. "...so that's why I don't like the snow."

The smile that was always on the face of the younger brother of Thor had disappeared completely, leaving a sort of forlorn expression that made your heart want to cry, and he asked, "So you'll never go in the snow with me?" he wondered.

You nodded firmly, "Never, Loki. Those kind of experiences are the kind that scars you, you know."

He nodded slowly, taking the information in. But you weren't going to change your mind. No, you weren't going to risk your life once again for a snow day.

"Well, then, _______," Loki began, reaching for your hands, and slipping them from under the quilt, you let them slide into his, "I'm afraid..." Your eyes widened. Was he breaking up with you? Loki was always unpredictable, but now, you kind of didn't want him to do the unexpected and leave you for someone who did like the snow. "...that I'll have to bring the snow to you."

And at that, Loki slipped his hand from yours, snapped his finger and you and he sat on the couch atop the fluffy wonderfulness you had forgotten since that horrid experience.

Your eyes widened, and he added, "it's not real snow, ________, and it won't ruin anything inside. I just wanted a snow day with you."

Slowly you nodded, feeling your teeth chatter not in reaction to the cold - this kind of snow really wasn't cold, per se - but in anticipation.

"I - I won't get sick?" you wondered, snuggling up against Loki on the snow-covered couch.

"You won't get sick," he promised, stroking your hair.

You felt a blush come to your cheeks and you moved your head to kiss Loki's cheek, slowly and carefully. When you took your lips from his face, you whispered in his ear, "I'm not doing proper snow yet, though."

He grinned, a glint in his eyes, and repeated one of your words, "Yet."