Graduation Day

True friendship is when friends can walk in opposite directions and yet remain side by side.

This is rated R because I have no clue what I'm going to write, so it's a precaution if things get questionable. Also, this doesn't start out at ComicCon like the title may make you think, and it might start out a little slow, but once I get going, that may change. I'm only writing it this way so that y'all better understand the two main characters that drive the story. Please stick with me on this one, and hopefully, you enjoy the story as it progresses.

"Hey, Cadence, where are you?" Ramai called into the large home when she walked in, not hearing the shower running yet.

There was no answer from her best friend, which meant she was either showering, reading, writing, or listening to music. As she began climbing the stairs, she heard the shower in Cadence's bathroom turn off. Seriously? It's noon, and she's just now taking a shower? She's the one that's on time out of the two of us. I told her I was going to be here at noon!

"18 years have come and gone For momma they flew by, But for me, they drug on and on, We were loading up that Chevy, Both trying not to cry, Momma kept on talking, Putting off goodbye, Then she took my hand and said, 'Baby don't forget, Before you...

"18 years have come and gone For momma they flew by, But for me, they drug on and on, We were loading up that Chevy, Both trying not to cry, Momma kept on talking, Putting off goodbye, Then she took my hand and said, 'Baby don't forget, Before you hit the highway, You better stop for gas, There's a 50 in the ashtray, In case you run short on cash, Here's a map and here's a Bible, If you ever lose your way, Just one more thing before you leave, Don't forget to remember me'" Cadence sang at the top of her lungs without a care in the world if anyone heard.

"Looks like Cadence really doesn't know I'm here," Ramai said to herself while Cadence continued to sing, "Yo, Cadence! I'm here!" She yelled as she banged her fist on the bathroom door.

A loud thunk resounded as Cadence slipped and fell to the shower floor, causing Ramai to laugh, imagining the sight beyond the door.

"Shit!" Cadence yelled in the bathroom as she scrambled to get off of the floor, "Be out in a second!"

A few minutes later, she came out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around her head. Cadence wore tight bike shorts that hugged her muscular things and a red tank top that showed off her tiny waist.

"I know you said you'd be here by noon, but let's face it; you tend to be late," Cadence teased, making her best friend roll her eyes at her as she towel-dried her long curly hair expertly avoiding making a knotted mess.

"You're one to talk, Ms. Always-Late," Ramai teased back, causing them both to laugh even though she knew her best friend was pretty much always early.

"Whatever, let's go eat already," Cadence retorted, not caring to throw any product in her hair instead of letting her curls do what they wanted.